Pudding Pie Filling Mix Recipe

Making the base for your pudding pie filling and then add whatever flavor you would like. This page contains pudding pie filling mix recipes.

This is a recipe to make homemade pie filling in bulk. If you make a lot of pies during the holidays, then this recipe will come in handy. Plus, it's cheaper to mix this up than buy a bunch of different pudding mixes.

• 5 lbs. sugar
  • 1 (1 lb) box cornstarch
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 Tbsp. salt

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together. Store in a container with a tight fitting lid.

To use for each pie, take out 1 cup of mix, and mix with 4 cups milk. Bring to a full boil on stove on medium heat , stirring constantly until thickened. Pour into pre-baked pie crust and let cool.

If you want different flavors like chocolate, add 3 tablespoons cocoa to the cup of dry mix before adding milk. Use 1 teaspoon vanilla extract for each pie.

For coconut pie: Add 1 cup of coconut to filling after its cooked and either add 1 teaspoon of vanilla or coconut flavoring for each pie.

For lemon pie: Add 1/2 pkg. dry unsweetened lemonade Kool-aid to dry mix. Add milk and if its not sweet enough; add sugar to your taste. After it cooks, add 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.

Servings: approximately 11 pies
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10-15 Minutes

Source: My cousin gave me this recipe.

By SHARON from Vian, OK

Very interested in making this but how much cornstarch is in a box, ours come by weight in the UK. Hope you can help.

Can I assume that a box of cornstarch is a one pound box that is usual size found in supermarkets? Can this be halved? Please answer as to size of cornstarch so I can try this recipe. Thanks so much!

It's a 1 pound box or 454g and you use the full amount. I assume you could make half the recipe. My cousin always made the full amount, and just stored what was left in a jar with a tight fitting lid.

If you want a richer pie you can add a couple of eggs while your cooking it. Just be sure to temper the eggs before you put into the hot liquid. I'm allergic to eggs, so I always make it without them.

Thanks for your prompt response re the cornstarch. Will try it. And also, thanks for the extra tip re eggs.