Freezing Tortillas

Sometimes you can get a good price on a large bag of tortillas, more than you can eat right away; freeze some for later. This is a guide about freezing tortillas.

Freezing Tortillas

April 29, 2005 Flag

Tips for freezing tortillas, post your ideas.

Best Answer

It really is not necessary to freeze tortillas...corn or flour. Leave them in original bag or repackage in a zip lock bag, and store on a cupboard shelf. They will keep and stay fresh indefinitely. No drying out, cracking, or crumbling either. I have used flour tortillas that have been stored for as long as a year in this manner. I use Mission Brand Tortillas.

Harlean from Arkansas

Best Answer

To freeze your left over tortillas just stack them with a sheet of waxed paper between each one and then put the stack into a Ziploc bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.

By Robin

I to agree that storing tortilla's on a shelf line basis only for up to a year is in my opinion although never have done so myself is something that should not be done as mold does and will eventually set in. I would not recommend anyone to attempt storing tortilla's on a shelf outside of refrigeration for a year & then attempt to consume them. I have stored flour tortilla's in the fridge for as long as 3 months but never longer well 4 the simple fact that they get eaten kind of quick around here. Freeze them if you have to many or at least keep them refrigerated, mold can some times be hard to detect in its 1st stages and will make a person sick, very sick and may cause death.

In the cupboard? I don't think so! I've had them go moldy in the refrigerator, that's why people are asking about freezing them.

Food and Recipes Freezing AdviceFebruary 19, 2013
Warming Tortillas
Warming Tortillas
Ham tortilla pinwheels
Using Leftover Tortillas
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants