Freezing Vegetables

How do I to freeze vegetables?

By surelock from Lapeer, MI

Best Answer

If you can pick up a Ball Blue Book of preserving this will be a great help. I got mine at Wal-mart years ago and its a book that's worth it if you do canning or freezing of vegetables. Blanching is very important and must be done properly to destroy microorganisms that could destroy your food. But its a fairly easy process using boiling water don't over blanch this will cause a loss of flavor. Cool your vegetables by using ice water. Hope this helps.

You have to blanche them for a certain amount of time and this varies according to the vegetable. Google the topic, or else look in the stores where they sell canning supplies and see if you can find a book with this information in it. I really think you should be able to find the information you need by looking on google. It has been so many years since I have done this, that I can't remember all the details.

Using Leftover Vegetables, Freezing Green BeansPhoto of green beans with frost on them.
Freezing Vegetables
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJuly 16, 2011
Turnips with greens.
Freezing Turnips or Parsnips
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Freezing Artichokes, Storing Artichokes, Canning Artichokes
Freezing Artichokes
Freezing Eggplants, Eggplants on White Background
Freezing Eggplants
🎉
🎄