Frog Information and Photos

Category Wildlife
These tailless, short bodied amphibians come in all sizes with the greatest variety living in tropical forests. This guide contains frog information and photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Photo Description
Pulling weeds is one way I like to relax, my moment of Zen, some would say. Every now and then I get a bonus. While reaching into a patch of day lilies, I discovered this little guy. Being so well-disguised by his coloring, I very nearly missed seeing him.

Photo Location
Western NY

Comment Like this photo? 8

Terrific picture! Thanks for posting.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

When I was bringing my plants inside due to a approaching tropical storm, I saw this little guy hanging out in my bromeliad plant! So I grabbed my camera and luckily he waited!

By Julie

Frog peeking out of center of bromeliad.

Comment Like this photo? 30

I agree also, too cute and would be a funny greeting card or even plain note cards.

You have a winner here. GG Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

My granddaughter Kristin painted the gourd for her grandfather and to our surprise we found a new tenant had moved in.

By Carolyn

Frog peeking out of a painted gourd.

Comment Like this photo? 62
Anonymous

Mr./Ms. Froggie looks quite content in it's new home. Very cute photo! :-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Photo Description
There's a little frog that adheres itself to the storm door anytime it rains. I had tried numerous times to take pictures of it, with absolutely no luck.

One night after an exceptionally strong storm, I turned off the front porch light and all the lights on behind me and was hoping I might finally get a decent photo. Some 20 pictures later I got lucky.

I placed my hand on the inside of the storm door and the frog was on the outside. He was a good sport about it and finally climbed up towards the top of the door.

Photo Location
Front storm door, late at night after a very, loud, rain storm.

Comment Like this photo? 1

what a cute little guy or girl.... must not like getting wet or maybe he thinks it is going to flood so is getting to high ground lol..

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Frog (Pretoria Zoo, South Africa)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

We went for a 5km hike through the Pretoria Zoo. Afterwards, we decided to spend some time at the zoo. I came across this little fellow and just couldn't resist snapping a photo.

A large brown frog staying very still.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

I found this little guy on the handle of my grill after staining my patio. I thought it was a piece of tree bark, and then thought it was an unusual stone. I went to pick it up, and it was soft...ewww.

Closeup of Green Frog on Wood Chips

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 15

While reaching into my purse for the notepad I write grocery lists on, I screamed and yanked my hand back! I'd felt something wet and slimy! I looked down, and leaping away was an innocent little tree frog.

Spring Peeper Frog Rendezvous

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

These awesome little tree frogs are called "Spring Peepers" and have the prettiest little song. The male has been coming to my door for about a week in the evening, singing his little heart out looking for a mate. Within two days he had coaxed the female to join him for a lite meal courtesy of my porch light.

Froggy on the Driveway

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 2

I walked outside the other day and almost didn't notice this giant frog on the driveway. It sat there for quite a while and let me take several close up pictures.

Green Frog Sitting on Wood Chips

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Many of us mindlessly reach into our purses without looking each and every day. Well, on one such day during one such moment, I was casually rummaging my hand around in my purse. Suddenly, my fingers brushed across something wet and slimy.

Green Frog Being Held in Hand

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 10

While taking our dogs under a nearby bridge for some much-needed play time. My husband and I made a new friend; a little green frog! Who ever said it ain't easy being green.

Frog (Loretto, TN)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

This little guy comes out every day to enjoy the sun in my backyard.

Frog driving small car

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Froggy is a common frog. We found him in the pool, over and over, just about every morning. He likes to swim and drive toy cars.

Frog in garden.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 13

Although Rodeo Frog really enjoys his job, he has been waiting many months for a well-deserved vacation. After a very busy year helping keep the jungle's bug population under control, he booked a "puddle jumper" over to Toad Hall, a very short hop.

The land our cabin sits on has a natural spring. My son loves to play with all of the fun critters the fresh spring water brings our way!

By Beth

Wildlife: Frogs

Answers:

Wildlife: Frogs

Just like little boys, LOL Cute as a "bug" too. GG Vi (07/15/2010)

By Great Granny Vi

Wildlife: Frogs

Great opportunity to teach him to be gentle with helpless things that are so easily hurt and frightened.
(07/16/2010)

By Marg from England

Wildlife: Frogs

Oh my gosh, this is the most adorable picture I've ever seen on Thrifty Fun! What a classic "all boy" shot! I love it! (07/16/2010)

By PainterLee

Wildlife: Frogs

Love the look on his precious face! (07/16/2010)

By thriftmeg

Wildlife: Frogs

Beth, thank you for sharing. This a wonderful image!

I took herpetology as an undergraduate and my professor with 35 years of experience greatly encouraged the class to touch and hold specimens when we went on field trips. This is how you learn! Those experiences of holding the specimens has served me well now that I am in medical school.

Thanks again. :) (07/16/2010)

By mg21

Wildlife: Frogs

Here is a tree frog. They invite themselves over all the time from the pond across the road!

By melody_yesterday from Otterville, MO

Wildlife: Frogs

This was taken after a rainy day just outside our kitchen window. It landed on our outdoor "purchased" frog thermometer. I think this little guy is looking for his mom. So sweet!

By NoRulesArt from Florida

Answers:

Wildlife: Frogs

And you had this outside your window. That's the ultimate in c-o-o-l. I've seen these in Nat'l Geographic and in calendars, but never taken by a real person (I know, that's beyond tacky, but I'm impressed). (06/05/2009)

By tennesue

Wildlife: Frogs

How cute! Great photo! (06/06/2009)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Frogs

Very cute! Grandma Jan and Kato the Wonder Dog (06/06/2009)

By javajano

Wildlife: Frogs

Can't believe this photo. What a fantastic shot and imagery! I think you should enter it in some photo contest
in a museum or city! Keep it up. God bless you and His creation! : ) (06/06/2009)

By lyndagayle62

My son Elijah and his pet bull frog Fred. I thought about the princess looking for a prince, but whoever thought about a prince looking for a princess.

By cynthia deloney

That is sooo cute,great picture:)