Making an Egg Carton Frog Trinket Box
Kids love to collect and save small treasures. Learn how to make a frog trinket box from an egg carton on this page which contains photos and easy to follow instructions.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
You can make this cute little trinket box for your child using egg cartons. They can store little precious things they like, such as rocks, beads, coins, etc.
However, actually this is our "positive frog" where I'll put special notes for the kids each to check and we'll read together in the morning.
Total Time: 20 minutes + drying time
- paint + paint brush
- egg cartons
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- hot glue
- pen/gel pens
- Cut two pieces of the egg carton out and paint them green. Allow to dry. Once dried use scissors to cut off the excess carton.
- Using construction paper - cut out a zig zag from yellow paper for the crown and a long strip (red) rounded on one end for the frog's tongue.
- Roll the crown, ensure it fits over the top of the carton and secure with tape. Then, wrap red paper over a pen to resemble the tongue of your frog.
- Hot glue googly eyes in place. Underneath the top carton piece, tape the tongue into place.
- Cut small rectangle shaped paper strips and write meaningful phrases. Ex: I love you. Have a great day. You are so special. Then fold up the messages.
- Hot glue the crown in place. Place note(s) inside.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.