Fudge Came Out Gritty

I always made the Never Fail Fudge on the back of the marshmallow fluff container. They changed the recipe and my fudge came out gritty. Any ideas or recipes for smooth easy fudge?

Kelly from NH

Answers:

Fudge Came Out Gritty

You have to be sure the sugar is dissolved before it comes to a boil. The old recipe said to boil for 7 minutes instead of 4. I still boil mine 7 and it turns out fine. (01/07/2009)

By VARA

Fudge Came Out Gritty

Using sugar that is not pure cane sugar will always make grainy candy.
Try the fudge recipe that is made by melting together:

• 1 can condensed milk
  • 3 cups chocolate chips
  • add 1 tsp vanilla and 1/2 cup nuts if desired

Put in oiled 8X8 pan. Refrigerate to set. Cut when hard.
You can line pan with wax paper or parchment for easy removal of whole thing to cut candy. (01/10/2009)

By WIsgal

Fudge Came Out Gritty

I thought it had something to do with sugar and or dust; here is a part of an article I found on the Internet with the link to the rest of the article.

There's a lot of physical chemistry involved in making old fashioned fudge. The recipe calls for combining and boiling milk, bitter chocolate or cocoa, and sugar together until the temperature of the syrup reaches 238 degrees F (114degrees C), pouring the seething mixture into a bowl, cooling to 115 degrees F (46 degrees C), and then beating until the surface shine disappears. If you don't follow the cautions in the recipe: wash down the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush or cover the pan for a few minutes early in the cooking process; don't scrape the pan; don't disturb the candy until it's cooled; don't let anything, even a speck of dust, fall into the cooling syrup, you are very likely to wind up with a coarse, gritty mass instead of creamy fudge. http://www.gi.alaska.edu/ScienceForum/ASF8/871.html (01/12/2009)

By BABBIE

Fudge Came Out Gritty

I always put one or 2 tablespoons of white Karo syrup in my candy and I have not had gritty candy since. (01/12/2009)

By Faye W.

Fudge Came Out Gritty
Easy Fudge Recipes
Easy Fudge Recipes
Peanut butter fudge made with cake frosting and peanut butter.
Cake Frosting Fudge Recipes
Two men Dressed as Storm Troopers
Making a Clone Trooper Costume
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge
Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Recipes
🎄