Garlic for Fleas

I bought a bottle of garlic in gel cap form (500 mg) for fleas on my dog, but I am hesitant about giving my 12 lb. Dachshund her first dose. Anyone else using the garlic gel-caps for fleas and how many mgs. do you use?

By Luann from NY

You can see for yourself by doing a Google search on people foods for dogs about what is alright and what isn't to give a dog, sorry, but onions and garlic are harmful and can cause health issues. Please avoid using garlic for flea treatment.

Garlic And Pets

Please consider reading up about Heinz-body anemia before deciding to give garlic in any form, or anything in the allium family for that matter, to any pet.

Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
Using Garlic to Prevent Fleas
Pets DogsJune 21, 2011
A cat scratching itself because it has fleas.
Treating a Cat With Fleas
A wall with fleas in it.
Fleas Inside of Walls
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding. Upclose photo of a flea.
Getting Rid of Fleas in Bedding