Browsing: Getting Rid of Bees

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Getting Rid of Bees

Although bees are not generally aggressive like wasps, you may not want them buzzing around your home or garden. This is a guide about getting rid of bees.

bumblebee
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 1, 2013 Flag

How can I get rid of bees in a tree? I am interested in home remedies.

By Irene from Montclair, CA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Use the navigation bar on the left or the tabs at the top to find information specific to Montclair for all things gardening include pest management:

http://cesanbernardino.ucanr.edu/

Please do not kill the bees! Bees are the vital link in the food chain, without them we all die because without them nothing is pollinated.

You could also run a search for a nearby beekeeper who would be overjoyed to come out and rescue those bees from your tree. Wild bees are especially rare nowadays but present the one true potential for saving our honey bees.

Hi, I agree with frugalsunnie about not injuring the bees. They are definitely a critical part of our ecosystem and a primary pollinator. You might also try calling your local extension office. Also if you Google Pollinator Partnership (which I believe is located in California) they can probably direct you further.

We had a huge swarm of bees in a tree in our back yard. We used craig's list to find someone to remove them in return for them keeping the bees.

August 14, 2010 Flag

How do I get rid of bumble bees and their nests without getting stung? I am highly allergic to bee stings.

By Debra from Nahunta, GA

Bees are on the decline in the U.S. and if you can learn to live in harmony with the bees, you will be doing a wonderful thing. All bees pollinate our food supply and are very important to our very existence!

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/bee-friendly-landscaping.html

People who are allergic to bee stings can die from a sting. In that case the person has to take drastic action. Call an exterminator. They may be able to remove the bees without harming them. As for the bee stings, there is an allergy shot taken for a year that will immunize you against the stings. My grandson was fatally allergic to them and was told one more sting would kill him. He took the series of shots, was tested and is now immune. You should at least carry an eppi pen (from the Dr.) until the situation is taken care of. This is a serious matter.

Around here, we have some bees that build nests and look like bumblebees, but are a type of carpenter bee. They are mean and aggressive. I've been attacked by them and have the medical bills to prove it. Call someone to get rid of them, it is so worth the cost.

I grew up around bees, am not afraid of them, and have never had a problem after being stung. These are not only vicious, but have a really bad sting. I was hospitalized with a horrific reaction. I didn't get out of bed for over a week. It literally took me months to fully recover.

Bumble bees are not very aggressive, but if you are allergic, I suggest you call someone to see what can be done about these bees. Honey bees are a protected species, and beekeepers will come and take them away. If you live in a city or town, call the town office and see what they suggest. Where are these nests? If you are dealing with hornets or wasps, you have a much bigger problem because they can be aggressive. Since you are allergic, I would suggest you get someone else to deal with these insects.

Read More Answers...

August 2, 2005 Flag

I have lots of Malayan Wild Bees coming to swarm around my lights at night. They are dangerous and a nuisance because I have to switch off practically all lights just to get rid of them. They seem to love to warmth around brightness emitted from these lights. What do I do to get rid of them? FIY, at the back of my house are Natural Forests.

Thank you,
Pest killer from Singapore

also, if it's the warmth they're after, try using compact flourescent bulbs instead of regular incandescent ones. the flourescent bulbs do no give off heat because they generate light by mixing chemical gases. the incandescent (aka: regular light bulbs) use 90% of the energy they consume to produce heat (the little filament inside the bulb gets so hot it glows...that's what produces the light)

GE makes a yellow "bug bulb". I've tried them and they work. Bonnie

We use flourescent bug bulbs in the front of our house. They work well, as far as attracting a minimum of insects.

Try using a rented industrial size sweeper with the hose rigged to the light pole. Attach an electrical cord that goes into your house. When the time is right plug it in. This should rapidly reduce the number of bees. Do it each night until the problem is solved.

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Pest Control Bees & WaspsMarch 8, 2013
Carpenter bee drilling into wood.
Getting Rid of Carpenter Bees
Closeup of a gopher.
Getting Rid of Gophers
Closeup of green bodied house fly.
Getting Rid of Flies
bee on a flower
The Benefits of Bees in Your Garden
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 20, 2016 at 10:46:40 PM on 10.0.2.51 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.