Getting Rid of Bees

How can I get rid of bees in a tree? I am interested in home remedies.

By Irene from Montclair, CA

Use the navigation bar on the left or the tabs at the top to find information specific to Montclair for all things gardening include pest management:
http://cesanbernardino.ucanr.edu/

Please do not kill the bees! Bees are the vital link in the food chain, without them we all die because without them nothing is pollinated.

You could also run a search for a nearby beekeeper who would be overjoyed to come out and rescue those bees from your tree. Wild bees are especially rare nowadays but present the one true potential for saving our honey bees.

Hi, I agree with frugalsunnie about not injuring the bees. They are definitely a critical part of our ecosystem and a primary pollinator.

You might also try calling your local extension office. Also if you Google Pollinator Partnership (which I believe is located in California) they can probably direct you further.

We had a huge swarm of bees in a tree in our back yard. We used craig's list to find someone to remove them in return for them keeping the bees.