Getting Rid of Beetles in Your House

Finding the safest method to keep insects out of your home is best for pets and children. This guide is about getting rid of beetles in your house.

Beetle
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I hope somebody can help me. I'm getting little flea/beetle looking bugs that a tiny what looks like a shell (like a beetle) and wings. I've never seen them fly. Most of them seen to be around my hall and kitchen windows, on the draining board and on the units (not in cupboards yet). They also seem to be on the ceilings, plus some around the light in the living room.

I do have a cat and a dog so I know there not fleas (animal). Could anyone please help me? I don't know what they are or how to kill/treat them. Help me please.

By Den5973 from UK

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Beetles can enter your home many ways. One of the most common ways they can enter your home is though a window that is not screened. A lot of these pests are attracted to light, and will easily enter your home that way.

Screening windows in is part of integrated pest management (IPM).

Read More Answers...

How do you keep Chinese beetles out of the house?

Jerry from Dekalb, IL

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Try putting either solar curtains (the silvery ones) or aluminum foil in the windows that get the most sun. That seems to comfuse them and they will leave.

Home and Garden Pest Control BeetlesAugust 6, 2013
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Cricket on white
Getting Rid of Crickets in the House
Asian Beetles
Getting Rid of Asian Beetles
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 18, 2016 at 4:28:55 PM on 10.0.0.30 in 506 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.