Getting Rid of Belly Fat

Getting Rid of Belly Fat
Getting rid of belly fat will require diet and exercise, not magic quick and easy remedies. This is a guide about getting rid of belly fat.

How do I get rid of belly fat fast?

By Nedtria

Hello,

This might be an extreme way to do this but it worked for me. I was 210 pounds in October and I need to loose weight fast. My doctor said I should be at an idea weight of 158. Im not at my ideal weight yet but very close. Everyday I would walk or run 3.5 miles. 15 minutes of weight lifting with 15 pound dumbells while watching tv. As for diet, I would have an egg and nuts for breakfast. For lunch I would have a granola bar and make my own tea with lemongrass and a dash of grade b honey. For dinner I would make a chicken quesadilla, all home made. salsa and everything. and for dessert a cup of low fat yogurt. I have done this since October and currently I am at 165. Stay away from sweets, sodas, and fast food.

Pull in your tummy as if you are pulling up and under the ribs. Hold. Let go. Keep doing it at odd moments during the day. Build up to doing it quickly, tummy in then tummy out. Heave your tummy in and up and hold while making little flapping movements. Invent your own routines. These exercises should cost you nothing in time or money. If you want to go further, you could investigate learning belly dancing. Traditionally you are told to do sit-ups to loose tummy fat, but to me they don't seem to work. Also, it will be easier to lose your tummy if you eat a bit less food.

Get The Flat Belly Diet book and follow that diet. It works fast. 3 to 4 weeks.

The key is consistent exercise, regardless of how long. If you go to the gym every other day for 30-40 minutes and just use the eliptical or go for a walk depending on the weather, you will lose weight. My girlfriend is now at the weight she has wanted to be at her whole life just because of consistency. You'll get used to it and eventually enjoy doing it. Don't stress or over do it, just be consistent. Also, don't diet, just change what you regularly eat to what you intuitively know to be more healthy. Diets never last.

Does anyone have tips on how to flatten your belly postpartum? Do the compression wraps really work?

By Stella Bella from Manchester, WA

I tried a cheap workout type compression band postpartum. It really helped support my belly and I think it also helped my belly flatten back up. The only problem with the one I got was the fabric wasn't breathable (Since I think it is designed to make you sweat) so I got a bit itchy. I also tried the Bellefit, witch also worked well and was breathable, but the only thing I didn't like about it was that you couldn't tighten it and the boning in the side zipper style would jab me, so I took the boning out.

I have been trying to lose my stomach fat for years. How do I do so in just 3 months? I weigh 217 and I don't necessarily want to lose weight just flatten my belly.

By Becky from Boise, ID

Answers:

How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

You didn't mention what your age or height is, so it's hard to tell if you're normal weight or obese. It's next to impossible to lose belly fat in 3 months without losing weight. You have to exercise so you can turn your body fat into muscle.
It's much healthier to be normal weight. Obesity can lead to heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure and a host of other medical problems.

http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/

(06/15/2010)

By MCW

How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

I agree with MCW. You can work on core muscle building/tightening, but as the muscle builds you will find that the fat on top of the muscle will make your clothes fit tighter until you start to lose some of the fat.

There is no healthy magic technique or exercise that will make the fat disappear. If you do some cardio work and build muscle, eventually you will see the belly fat (and other areas containing fat) reduce.

Jo (06/16/2010)

By gothicmuse

How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

Losing weight and reducing belly fat go hand in hand. There is no shortcut and it's all or nothing! Eat only healthy foods, eat in moderation, drink your 8 glasses of water a day and exercise often, including lots of walking, aerobics, sit-ups, crunches, etc.! (06/16/2010)

By Deeli

How Can I Lose Belly Fat?

I hate to disappoint you, but it takes hard work and more time than 3 months. I have been swimming (625 miles), exercising, treadmill, etc., etc. and in tightening up the muscles of the butt, legs, the stomach fat is still there. Some of us are meant to have this. It is a cruel issue, estrogen belly some call it. It is called omentum, and a self created organ of the body. Dr Oz has good info on it.

My doctor now has me on high doses of D vitamin. I do 85,000 units a week. Blood work tells you what your level is. An OK level is 32-100. Mine while doing 35,000 units a week was 34. So I got a script to take now. Hopefully with all the rest of what I do, the belly fat will go in time. I have built up muscle in other places I wish were smaller, like chest, arms, back muscles. So be careful what you wish for and work towards! (06/16/2010)

By TandT Grandma