Getting Rid of Invisible Biting Bugs

My mom has been experiencing a sensation of bugs crawling and jumping on her skin. She thinks it's fleas. We tried bombing and got the house fumigated 3 times. We moved, but the pest still linger. She can't see them, but there are tiny black specs everywhere when she vacuums. The bites look like mosquito bites and they don't seem to be red. Is there any advice you could give her?

We've been dealing with these things for a year now. Here's some background info. We think we got it from a friend's neighbor who has a lot of cats and had to be hoarding fleas for at least 20 years. My mom thinks it is a new kind of flea that's immune to everything. If anyone could please help or see if they found a solution to this problem so my mom doesn't have to suffer anymore. We also tried Windexing everything that didn't help. We even got rid of all the furniture and now have to sleep on inflatable beds, but they still stick. Also apparently they will find shelter in anything including electronics such as TVs and even phones. We also tried boric acid, but that has no effect either. So anything that's helped someone?

Best Answer

Please take your mom to her doctor now and explain the problem in the detail you have provided here. You must accompany your mother in the doctor's office visit to fully describe all that has been happening. A very good idea is to copy your description of the problem here to Thrifty Fun and give it to the doctor in your visit.

Your mom may have a medical problem that the doctor can provide effective treatment to help.

Best Answer

I agree. And if she needs to sleep on an inflatable mattress that is fine but...and please take this with the utmost respect and compassion...you need to be comfortable. This is most likely not a real infestation.

I just had to advise a young woman who thought that gnats were following her that she might have a chemical imbalance that is causing her to see what no one else can see.

There is no new strain of fleas. I am so sorry you are going through this. But DCA is right. I hope she gets better and you all can get some rest.

PS: I just checked with www.web.md and there isn't even a catagory for this.

Thank you guys for your comments I try telling her she should see a doctor of some sort but she continues to tell me no because she honestly thinks she's feeling bugs or something. Could it be an allergic reaction I looked up morgellons disease but I'm not sure

Another thing if its important she says she only feels the bugs certain places and on certain things like clothing and things of that nature. Not sure if that helps

Best Answer

Your mother may indeed believe she "feels" the bugs, however, she must see her doctor immediately. Her doctor can examine the places on her body where she thinks the bugs have been biting. She/he can then provide medication to treat the bite areas and prevent the bites from becoming infected. The doctor can also recommend additional medical treatment to address the bug problem in the future.

Please take your mother to her doctor immediately for help to resolve her problem. She will feel much better finding an answer to the bug irritation and receiving the best medical treatment.

I got sich with Hep C. Knats and no see em's would bite me. How do I know? Find them stuck to stick pad attached to lights and in the bug zappers. Bought these from Amazon

She doesn't "believe" she feels them. She does. You sound like the dermatologist I asked about this. It was NOT a figment of my imagination. Just because you cannot see the bugs with the naked eye doesn't mean they don't exist. They're just too small to see. They're not fleas. If they were, I would have killed them all in my house. (I bombed twice).

I think they're mites... I have the same red itchy bites, and they itch like you can't believe - worse than poison ivy.

It could be an allergy. I discovered that mold was a major player in my condition. I also had black specs everywhere and during the Albendazol protocol that i did for two weeks, you can google it for more information, I found furry black stuff in my bed after an uncomfortable night and felt much better. See my earlier post and feel free to respond directly.

Trust me, she "feels" the bugs. I am now experiencing this problem, and we are trying to figure it out. It is ONLY in my home office, which is the side of the house that the cat spends most of her time (she also wanders outside a lot). We have had the cat for 12 years, but never had this problem until now. The tiny bugs bite me around my neck and ears - sometimes on my arms. They also bite my ankles if I work barefoot and in shorts. We have researched this a number of times and have tried vacuuming, wiping all surfaces with window cleaner, etc. I am about ready to move out of my office. This is not something I am "feeling." I am going to continue reading the 1,000 replies if I can find them. It seems to have started about the time we cleaned out the attic and added more insulation. I wonder if we stirred up dust mites or something. They apparently live FOREVER and then wake up when you disturb them. I had this problem 20 years ago in another office after I blew the dust out of my computer. I'm thinking dust mites, but don't know how to get rid of them. My wife has seen fleas on the cat, but they are actually visible. The mites biting me are invisible. Currently trying that aweful-smelling Deep Woods OFF bug spray today. I don't think I'll do THAT again. Not for the rest of my life anyway.

Speaking of dermatologists... I have had dry skin all my life. After scratching myself raw one winter, I went in desperation to a dermatologist, who gave me expensive creams and bath oils to use. I found out that using a good quality skin lotion every other day after a shower kept the problem at bay.

Its human skin mites

Me and my husband having simular problem phantom bites only at bite .they leave welts. Itch after about 15 min the welts go away. Until next round pest control came out inspected dont know what it is .we cant see anything. Except welts after stung. Some one please help

Anonymous

If you look close they are little black bugs some so tiny they are like the size of a grain of salt..take a pet roller or some clear packing tape and put in on the furniture and u will pick them up..even the floorrs. They are very hard shelled so hard to kill.We have tried everything even de..I'm only one getting bit I was told that how these only bites certain people.especially females but not all..looking through a magnifying glass you can see they have wings.you don't see them fly much. I'm going to show them to an exterminator.

Sounds like mold spores. Professional Mold Remediation Companies Typically use solutions consisting mainly of Thyme Essential Oil to treat the air & the mold itself, which often hides in air ducts, refrigerator coils, pretty much any electronics, etc. They will hide on everything you own.

Former victims boast using "Thieves Oil" to kill them in your home & inside your body, which is a combination of specific antiviral & antifungal (mold =fungus) essential oils;

(A recipe to make your own is in the attached image), along with throwing away everything you own that has a porous surface or electronic with an internal fan (Will otherwise continue to reinfest your home)

Mold spores. Google search "biting mold spores"

So many people suffer from "unseen bugs" for years/ even decades, with people telling them it's not real..which causes more suffering.. the reaction can be to Japanese ladybug secretions, allergy to verigated carpet beetle larvae,Demodex mites, pepper mites, bird mites from unknown nests, or carried in by mice, or little known species in outdoor stagnant water...and on and on..these people need help not denial from others.Psychological conditions of this sort are very rare, as far as i know..

First of all this is an epidemic of proportions worldwide!!!! A doctor is a waste of time. They don't wanna help people because they haven't studied Biting mites or body lice. They will say you are delusional, it's in your head, your mind caused the bites, oh that's you scratching and causing this! Doctors get few pages to in med school for info on parasites!!!! You picked them up or someone had them, or a house, car, clothes were infested! These are worse than Bedbugs. Please take this advise seriously and be careful who u talk to; families of kids taken because everyone wants to put the parent in a padded room is going on. People dont understsnd and dont get it because they arent suffering like you! Some people will get bites others will not! U can be in someone's house and feel them crawling up your shoe/ leg. If it's a heavy infested area they will bite you whenever, as it is under control or eliminated, you will tell the difference! The mite chooses it's host! They are still there regardless of who is bit!!!Also, the black and white or coarse crap is untested. In the support community we believe that is from the species of leaving behind a fungal growth or bacteria on the skin. That's likely a form of waste or could me molting left behind. Either way it's another problem that u got to get rid of, but it also lets u know they are still around when the crawling and itching or bites still appear. If doctors really did the skin scraps, they would found find out what this hell is all about! Please see these support sites of: topix scabies, curezone, earth clinic, Ted's cures, Facebook skin mites and morgellons protocol. Really Google has all the sites and recent studies regarding chemical and drug success from human, pet and bird experiments or studies . It's too much information to say what you need to do, but you must be open minded and know that an imbalance in your body fuels it. Eat clean and cut that sugar out, daries,and detox the gut and liver if u are taking any meds or ivermectin type meds. Some are going the natural route some are carefully taking pet meds. U must detox and build up your immune system, get some probiotics and cut GMO! I would not do flu shots which weaken your immune response and can create autoimmune issues. I can tell you to clean the car, house and soak the clothes with borax, or RidX, dawn, soap powder, windex w/ammonia, permethrin/ortho Malathion mix, fungicide 3(neem based), bifenthrin. U csn get witch hazel or alcohol peroxide with cloves/peppermit or menthol and spray everything even yourself! Ive used in rotation of every two to five days, after third used of each you will have to switch out. Try fogging cedarcide which will make them angry to come out, kleen green(enzyme). Please research ! Consider steaming everything at some point ! Find some on who can steam at a high temperature! They will jump on you, some will bite you open to burrow to lay eggs like scabies. I've had this really depends on the doctor if they really help or quit. I had to go across country just to get a diagnoses and my stupid Midwest doctors turn a blind eye too after the treatments kill them all. You will learn a doctor is fair if they can diagnose and help some. I got two pills, then I had to ask for a month's worth and that's how I knew I was on the right track because the internal population was coming down. If u are dealing with this get a Lyme test. Try for an LLMD which should understand fully. Try the Lyme forums and Facebook groups and Mold as well. Get done rest and start tackling what you with a plan . It can take up to 3 or 4 mos. to see some control or final results. Be patient, go swimming, sweat a lot, sauna, saltwater soaks!!!! I'm still working on it so you have to make this a way of life till you find your solutions. I think a strong two month plan that are different and rotated can get this gone. Like ivermectin/ skin applications and baths, then maybe turpentine/ castor oil or sugar cube and make a natural anti parasite or fungal lotion to put on. Drink turemic, dandelion root tea, etc.... I hope this helps.

Doctors are not educated in skin parasites or mites.

Bird and rat mites are almost invisible.

When u go to a doctor they won't take the time to do a skin scraping and look under a scope. Also even if they do these mites are so tiny they r often damaged so they are not recognizable.

Bird mites can get in your house from birds nesting under the eves of your home or in the attic. Or even a tree who branches r touching your home. When the baby birds leave the nest there are 10s of THOUSANDS OF TINY MITES left behind. Those mites will travel great lengths looking for a blood meal. YOU!! It was thot until 2009 that bird mites did not consume human blood nor could live they on or reproduce on humans while consuming human blood. This has been proven false.

These people that say they have bugs on them r not crazy.

These mites also carry a fungus called sporo schenkii. This fungus also causes skin problems and can make a person deathly ill. In some case history actually kill.

Pesticides do not kill these mites.

Don't waste yr money on cedarcides. They don't work either. This is becoming a serious epidemic with no where for people to turn.

Keep reading.

If u find a dr that is willing to work with u and not put u on antipsychotic medication ur lucky. Also read about morgellons.

Check YouTube

The unknown cat morgellons.

Make sure you use the word THE. There is another AHOLE trouble maker that goes by

Unknown cat.

Instead of THE unknown cat.

Good luck.

Anonymous
Best Answer

yes.... Buy some cedar oil , mix 10 drops with 500mls warm water and a touch of dishwashing liq in a spray bottle. Before you sit anywhere , spray first. Also epsom salts mixed with warm water in a spray bottle can be effective ( but will leave a light mark). Both of these are not going to affect your health as other carcenogens will. You can put the epsom spray on your dogs .Add a few drops of tea tree oil to washing clothes etc. This has helped us enormously.

FUMIGATE YOUR HOUSE WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL ROUND THE BORDERS OF THE ROOMS N THE LIVING ROOM THEY DON'T LIKE IT U WILL SEE A CHANGE IT WORKS!!!

I seem to have same problem,i worked in some ones house,and caught them,i have not seen what they are,i use hydrocortozone cream from the dollar store for scratching,i found by washing my bedding and clothes,i have got rid of most of the biting,i dry them on high heat in dryer,mine seem to be able to bite through jeans,they seem to be on everthing I sat on so I sprayed a small bit of fly killer on the seats you could use boric acid its pretty safe to use,i have not gone crazy until I find out what they are,but washing bedding and clothing has worked well,if it spreads I will spray the carpets and bomb the bad areas,i don't think they are bedbugs or fleas

Salt. Sprinkle salt everywhere and after a while it will dehydrate those little biter's. Also re call. And seal all floors to grout cracks and openings all over inside and out. salt salt and salt somemore. Try to mop after vacuum with bleach then let it dry and then w sudsy ammonia. Leaving only a small wetish film on everything. Be very very cautious and vigilant about the possibility of poisoning your self w this method. It will make you reconsider and respect the privacy of your own home. Done properly it works but it won't last for ever and it is in the attic, basement,walls,fillters, cracks, ceiling. Seal all the floorboards, walls, appliances, with great stuff& silicone caulk.

Good luck. Wash&dry HOT always

I bought a hand vacuum and vacuum the bed, chairs, couch with it every day. It does help. Vacuum before going to bed also. Doctor told me it's not bugs but stress causing the biting feeling. What do they know? Lol. Wish I could get rid of them. I did have bed bugs but got rid of them I think. Cotton sheets and clothes seam to be worse than other fibers.

My mom has has tried this method so I don't know if it will work for you guys but she said it help the bugs die down at her office and at home. We started vacuuming more like twice a day and also alcohol helps as well. My mom thinks there mold spores which can cause some of these symptoms. You could have this if you have someone with asthma or allergies who's coughing wheezing or allergies get worse when your they're in that environment. It could effect others differently. I could be wrong though buts if it helps anyone that's something info also if you try this method buy very strong rubbing alcohol. It will cost more but apparently works better

She might be sensitive to soap. Most soaps have sulphates as a key component in their manufacture. Sulfates are a well known skin irritant (https://en.wiki  lfate#Irritation). Other irritants commonly found in soaps include parabens, PPG, fragrance, phthalates, etc. Try switching to a sulphate-free soap or soaps made for sensitive skin. That helped me and I hope it helps your mother as well.

The caveat is that some sulphate-free soaps can be worst that normal soaps (http://www.nyti  on-wen.html?_r=0). So, do your research well before trying a new soap or shampoo.

I have found that Caress works pretty good for sensitive skin.

It's fleas, it's not your imagination. There are fleas that are too small to be seen, (not invisible, but just small) May people have this problem but you need to make sure that any animals are flea treated, preferably with the pill that kills fleas and ticks, THEN you can treat the house, your carpet may have to be professionally treated, OR use DT (diatomaceous earth) it's messy and drying to the skin, but the fleas will die.

Someone please help. Mom has the same thing, we can't see anything, no bugs no bites no evidence. I've taken her to 3 doctors and dermatologists. They all say she has Delusory Parasitosis but she won't believe them. Even taken her "samples" to the college lab, they also say no bugs. We've tried EVERYTHING salt, Dia-Earth, alcohol, Listerine, anti-bac, heppa filters in vacuum, bug free covers, even the concoction of bug detox internally NOTHING is working.

I am having the same issue, Hensel why I am awake at 1am. The bites are so bad it's keeping me up. I think it is either fleas or mites. Mites hide underneath your skin so you wouldn't be able to see them. There is a neighbor stray cat and thinking this came from her. I just wish I knew which one it actually is so I can rid the issue and get some sleep.

I went through the same thing beginning in 2012. I nearly lost my mind. I put everytbing in plastic bags and did everything that youve described and more.

I used albendazol from the vet supply to eliminate internal parasites(Google albendazol protocol) and prayed for help, which is where I got my first real relief.

Still never been diagnosed with anything except spirochets that looked like rocky Mountain spotted fever, but specialist said most likely Lyme disease.

Another area of research is Morrell onside, which has many of the same symptoms. Nutrition Silver sells a high ppm colloidal silver that I've used to maintain my computer dictionary now for several years successfully.

I think it is worth a try to have her live with another family member for a while - with clean clothes dried in a hot dryer. Just to see if she can escape the little buggers. It would TOTALLY disprove the doctors. I'm sure the bugs are real. Interestingly, the little mites in my house are ONLY in my study. The cat (who may have the tiny mites also) and me are also roaming the entire house. Go figure!

I used to have the same problem, every night as soon as I got into bed. We checked and inspected it all as there were no bed bugs of and bugs for the matter. At least we couldn't see it. My cleaning lady knew I was in despair and sleepless nights. She's a philipino lady and she brought me an oil called Tamaru which is a Polynesian fruit and oil is fermented from that fruit. After my daily shower I started using it throughout the body and it's an amazing oil for your skin. I was amazed that I slept better and no bites. Thank goodness. It is annoying after a while to put this oil and became such a chore for me. If you want, you can buy it on Amazon.

However, I was reading somewhere and if you have a humidifier or air purifier etc, take a look and see if there's any mold in it. That's another problem. Make sure these equipments are clean at all times. I don't even use the Tamaru oil anymore. Clean humidifier made a great difference.,

Wow. This problem started after I installed a used window air conditioner and also brought in a humidifier. I will remove both.

I had the same problem....I found out why,,its biting midges aka no see ums,,, they are so small you cant really see them,, and they love to get in your hair or under your underwear. get one of them tennis racket shaped electronic fly zappers and you will start to hear it go off, wave it over the bed slowly or over that chair you felt the biting in, i like to lock it on with tape and put it over my legs as the midges go for my ankles bamm,,, best to get them under control because they carry another one celled parasite that can cause a skin infection and scars

Anonymous

when you moved you took them too, check out tim-bor

Put white vinegar in your bath, then rub it on the bites. Do this until the bits go away. It works really well had same problem and that cured it

Anonymous

To get rid of you problem you must start over. First get rid of everything. Furniture, bedding, and all clothing. Then start over by first going swimming, stay in the water at least 2 hours minumun wearing new clothes. Wash the new clothes in baking soda or if you live where its cold hang all clothes out in the cold for at least 2 day. Use sulfur 8 hair grease for your scalp for at two months every night, that is, if you feel something crawling or biting you in your head.

Do you also see these black spots? Gather some up to take to the doctor. It could be very dry skin causing the "feeling". Or mites, bedbugs or scabies.