Getting Rid of Parvo Virus Before Getting New Dog

How do I clean up my house and yard etc. to get rid of parvo so my new puppy I'm getting won't contract it?

By Christopher B. from Rocky Mount, NC/ Norfolk, VA

Did you have a dog that had parvo recently? If so, "do not" get a new puppy until the virus has been removed from where the other puppy was, ie: yard bedding carpets, etc. The parvo virus can stay in your yard and surroundings for about a year. Please call your veterinarian for any other questions. There are also breeds that are more prone to get parvo then others; ie: Rotts, Pit Bulls, and Dobies, they must have an extra vaccination if necessary. Good luck. (10/31/2009)

By K9cats

dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Puppy Running in Yard
Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard and Home
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo