Getting Rid of Parvo Virus Before Getting New Dog

My puppy, well my son, Chico was just laid to rest yesterday. He was a beautiful 4 month old white Pit Bull and had parvo. My question is, how do I get rid of the parvo in my yard so when we do decide to get another puppy that puppy doesn't get sick? I know it's soon to think of another puppy, but I have an 11 year old daughter and it's hard on her. Just like for me.

By rip baby chico from Oceanside, CA

I am a vet. tech. Parvo stays in the ground/soil for at least 7-10 years. Unless you can bleach the whole yard and house you will not be able to get rid of it. Bleach is the only thing that kills it. If you get a new puppy it needs to have 3-4 booster vaccines before you even bring it to your home. (06/26/2010)

By cnabutler09

I am so sorry you lost your puppy. It is heartbreaking. When you feel it is time for a new pet, why not adopt an adult dog from a shelter? You can skip all the puppy silliness and not have to worry about the parvo virus. Be sure the new dog has been properly vaccinated. Good Luck. (06/29/2010)

By Lizzyanny

dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
A dog being seen by a veterinarian.
Can a Dog Get Parvo Again?
Puppy Running in Yard
Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard and Home
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo