Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard

A puppy I found in the yard turned out to be sick with distemper and suspected of parvo. It never went potty, but did throw up. The yard has had all poop removed, been treated with bleach, tilled, new dirt brought in and resodded. Do you think this rid the yard of the suspected parvo?

By Shammie from TN

Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard

Shammie, I really don't know the answer to your question. It sounds like you've done about everything you possibly can. Why not call your vet's office and run this question past them? They could probably give you the best information (or refer you to someone who can).

I hope what you've done is good enough, because you've already done a whole lot! Best of luck. (03/09/2010)

By mrs.story

Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard

I've heard it takes up to two years for the virus to go away even with bleaching, etc :-( I agree with mrs.story that it would be best to ask a vet or two to be certain. (03/10/2010)

By Deeli

Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard
Ebola Virus Test
Ebola Virus Charities
dog with parvo
Information About Parvo
Puppy Running in Yard
Getting Rid of Parvo Virus in the Yard and Home
Puppy Smelling Flower
Getting a Puppy After Losing One to Parvo