Getting Rid of a Cowlick

A clump of hair that stands straight up or at an odd angle does not always work with the hair style you have. This guide is about getting rid of a cowlick.

boy with a cowlick
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have a cowlick in the front of my head and I can't get it to go down. Some nights I wear a head band or something while I sleep or I blow dry it down. But it either sticks up by the end of the day or it just doesn't go all the way down. I have tried hairspray and it doesn't work. Does anyone know what else I can try? Thank you.

By codie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I think you try to modify you current method (headband). First dampen it, just use wet comb or fingers and brush through that area (aim wetting the hair roots) and then spread the water evenly within that area. You shouldn't wet it so much that the water drips.

Read More Answers...

Does anyone have a remedy for cow licks? I have tried blow drying in the direction, gel, etc., but with no luck. Have you used a particular product and/or a technique that works? Thank you!

Smoochie

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My best and I both have cows licks at the front. She has being taming hers 3 months and now so has a sweeping fringe. I have been tryin it the same way and it does work. She taught me to try using other parts of your hair and covering it to weigh it down. Pull hair form the back of you head and move it forward over the cows lick. It is workin also straighteners do help. It has worked so well for her and her hair is lovely so I just hope mine goesthe same.

Good Luck

Read More Answers...

You can drench your hair in water and pin down tightly overnight. The cowlick will definitely be not strong.

Or try to gel the hair down flat at the cowlick area overnight. Wake up and brush gel

Blast hair dry right where cowlick is close up and flatten cowlick while blow
drying.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
    Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingDecember 6, 2012
    Closeup of a gopher.
    Getting Rid of Gophers
    Closeup of green bodied house fly.
    Getting Rid of Flies
    iTunes icon on a phone
    Getting Rid of Duplicates in iTunes
    Poison ivy growing up a tree trunk.
    Getting Rid of Poison Ivy Plants
    © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 27, 2016 at 2:04:38 AM on 10.0.2.197 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.