Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Getting Temporary Dentures

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Temporary Dentures

Part of the process of getting dentures often includes being fitted for temporary dentures to use until the permanent ones are ready. This is a guide about getting temporary dentures.

Here are questions related to Getting Temporary Dentures.

Question: Getting a Temporary Denture

I had 15 teeth extracted last week. How long do I have to wait before I get a temporary denture? My gums are still very swollen and tender. I can't imagine having an impression done right now.

By Stephanie

Most Recent Answer

By Sandy [5]08/19/2013

I had my dentures made before my extractions and they were put in my mouth before I woke up. I understand that the gums shrink at a fast rate the first month, then continue to shrink over 6 months or so but at a slower pace. I would wait a few weeks for the tenderness to go away before you do impressions. My gums didn't stay sore for a long time, maybe 3 weeks to a month. You will have to go back several times for adjustments to your dentures to get a proper fit. Make sure those adjustments are included in the price of the dentures.

Solutions: Getting Temporary Dentures

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!