Gnats on Plants

I have had house plants that I bring inside in the winter for years, but this year I seem to have an infestation of gnats that are in the soil. From what I have read from others in ThriftyFun I think they are fungus gnats. I have tried the insecticidal soap and the sticky strips but nothing seems to work. They seem to be in all of my plants. Any suggestions of anything else to try?

Debbie from Potomac Falls, VA

Answers:

Gnats on Plants

You have fungus in your dirt. You need to change the soil and make sure that you rinse the roots of your plants off as well and if you are going to use the same pot clean it really well and rinse it (02/09/2009)

By vcphillips

Gnats on Plants

I have tried a lot of remedies and the only one that has worked for me is placing a garlic clove in the dirt. Leave a little bit of it sticking out of the dirt. This really works. (03/09/2010)

By ~Janette~

Gnats on Plants
Furious girl with a fly swatter.
Getting Rid of Gnats
Insect Repellant
Repelling Gnats Outside
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Litter Box
🎉
🎄