Golden Retriever - Breed Information and Photos

It pays to do some research when choosing a new family member. This guide contains golden retriever - breed information and photos.

Golden Retriever
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

Bailey with golf ball in mouth

Your Pet's Age
8 years old

Your Pet's Breed
Golden Retriever

How and when did you get your pet?
I was on the way to pick her up and I got a phone call from my doctor. He said that I may have breast cancer. When I picked her up, I knew she was my angel dog.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
She loves to play ball of any kind! She will play golf with the hubs. He will take a bucket of golf balls and hit them down through our planted pines. She will wait for him on the other end. She will chase them down and pile them back up for him! :) They will then switch sides. It is awesome!

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
She truly is an angel dog. She comforted me during my cancer scare and anytime that I feel sad, she can sense it. She will lay her head on my lap. A very, very special dog.

Bailey (Golden Retriever)Bailey (Golden Retriever)

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Dobey is 3 years old, and a Golden Retriever. I was at the end of my pregnancy and my Aunt's dog had puppies. I swore I would never get a puppy but I felt it would be the right thing for my child to have growing up! Thank goodness I got him, he now has a daughter (my daughter - seen in this photo ) He likes to sit on the front porch and watch us feed our friend, the chipmunk. He enjoys running through the sprinkler and playing with water balloons with my daughter ("his daughter").

When my daughter was learning to go up and down the stairs alone, he would push his nose under her butt to make sure she would not fall back. If she was coming down the stairs, he stood in front of her. He is the pup that everyone needs around. He is like another father to my child. Always by her side and always there to protect her. As you can see in this photo, she climbed on the char to watch the chipmunk. He needed to be there at her side.

By Trista from Waterloo, Ont, Canada

Dobey (Golden Retriever)

We got Zoe when, on the way home from Six Flags, my dad (who was driving), took a wrong turn and spotted a "Golden Retriever puppies for sale!" sign. She was the last one for sale, but made an instant connection with my brothers and I.

She liked to play fetch, carry around her stuffed "babies", and eat the cat food. Zoe was born on July 4th 1999 and died of cancer on July 9th, 2007. She was a sweet and loyal friend until her last breath.

By Hailey

In Memory of Zoe (Golden Retriever)

Cuddles is 3 month old Golden Retriever. She was a pup from my dog's litter that I decided to keep. She loves to play with socks and run and rip around the house! She loves to tease her older aunt lab mix, Lucky, with it.

Cuddles (Golden Retriever)

Winston is a 10 month old Golden Retriever. I bought him for my son last Christmas. My son was born on that day and always wanted his own dog. He takes excellent care of him and they sleep together every night.

Winston (Golden Retriever)

I bought him in the summer of 2012 for my mom's birthday.

Scout With a Santa Hat

Max is a 6 year old Golden Retriever. Max is dog number three that we inherited from our son. He is a 100 pound retriever, and fits the name "Howard the Coward."

Max (Golden Retriever)

This is my boy Scout enjoying the winter wonderland! Scout is a Golden Retriever who brings great joy to our lives. He will be six years old on March 28th.

Scout (Golden Retriever)

I got her as a Christmas gift. We went to get her on the same day my doctor called to say I may have breast cancer. She is my angel dog as she stayed by my side as I went through a series of tests. Thankfully, it was not cancer!

Golden with a stuffy

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Aloha! Lona'Kai and Jaxon Rolls-Royce are 9 month old Golden Retrievers. We purchased them from a breeder in May 2008. We selected Jaxon after playing with the puppies for a while, but Lona started crying when we were getting ready to leave, we had to take her too!

Golden Retriever

I got her from a breeder a couple hours away from where I live. I brought her home in February 2012.

Sandy on deck.

Link is an 8 years old Golden Retriever. We got him from a great breeder in Ottawa, KS. His mom's name is Winnie, she is a beautiful golden. He loves the dog park and running in the Black Hills of South Dakota.

Link (Golden Retriever)

Hannah is 5 and is a Samoyed/Golden Retriever, Kona is 2 and is a Golden Retriever. Both beauties are rescued from animal shelters, using Petfinder.com. We adopted Hannah when she was 6 months old, and we adopted Kona when she was 1 1/2 years old.

Kona (Golden Retriever) and Hannah (Samoyed/Golden Retriever)

Maggie is 14 years old and a mixed Golden Retriever. Maggie was a rescue dog and was 14 months old when we brought her home. She was full grown, was house trained and was past that puppy chewing phase.

Maggie (Golden Retriever Mix) on a wooden deck

Duchess is a 2 and a half year old Golden Retriever, that we bought in Poulsbo, WA. She likes to roll in the snow. She is a very kind dog that we got for 350 dollars. She really likes baths. She loves kids and going swimming to the beach. After a hard day she likes to sleep.

Duchess (Golden Retriever)

Sweetie Mae is a 5 month old Golden Retriever. She was a Mother's Day present.

Sweetie Mae (Golden Retriever)

Sara is an 8-1/2 year old Golden Retriever. We rescued her from an unscrupulous breeder who was using her as a puppy factory. Chewing sticks and going for walks are her favorite activities.

Sara (Golden Retriever)

Shannon is our 9 year old Golden Retriever. We got Shannon a year ago, the owners split up and had to find a home for her.

Shannon (Golden Retriever)

Bobbie is an 8 year old Golden Retriever. One day we were just walking through the on post vet clinic where the strays are kept and as soon as we saw her we knew she was for us. So we adopted her in May 2002.

Bobbie (Golden Retriever)

Chase is a Golden Retriever and is now 4 1/2 months old. He was named Chase (Utley) after a Philadelphia Phillies baseball player. We brought Chase home from the breeder on Aug 1.

Chase (Golden Retriever)

Brandy is 5 years old and is a Golden Retriever. We bought her as a puppy for our grandchildren. Brandy likes to fetch sticks and balls, eat, and, of course, swim in the family pool with her kids.

Brandy (Golden Retriever)

Emma (Golden Retriever) and Houdini (Chicken). Emma is our 6 year old Golden Retriever, a lover of all except our cranky cat, Peterbilt.

Emma (Golden Retriever)

Shiloh is our 9 month old Golden Retriever. He was a wedding gift from my husband. We got married on June 19, 2005

Shiloh (Golden Retriever)

Boogie is a 4 month old Golden Retriever. I got her from an ad on the net, nearby Rostock in Northern Germany.

Boogie (Golden Retriever)

Ceile (pronounced KeeLee) is a 7 year old Golden Retriever. I got Ceile from a breeder. Ceile likes to catch things, balls, popcorn, etc.

Ceile (Golden Retriever)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is my baby boy Wayas. He is a two year old Golden. A real part of our family. He goes crazy over the light "spots" on the walls or ceiling. Like if you were to shine a flashlight in the dark...he would chase it : )

Wayas (Golden Retriever)

Bailey Belle, nickname of Goldilocks! She is 2 years old and a Golden Retriever. I got her when she was 3 months old when I was facing possible cancer.

Bailey Belle (Golden Retriever)

Golden Retrievers are hardy, well-built dogs with a wavy golden coat and gentle loyal nature. This breed of highly-trainable sporting dogs is confident, alert, and eager to please.

Golden Retriever

Load More
Pets Dogs Dog Breeds Golden RetrieverDecember 9, 2012
Golden Birthday Party
Golden Birthday Party Ideas
Golden Birthday Invitation
Golden Birthday Invitation Ideas
Muffin (Golden Retriever - Chow Mix)
Golden Retriever/Chow Mix Photos
Golden Birthday Present
Golden Birthday Present Ideas
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 3, 2016 at 9:16:03 PM on 10.0.0.136 in 465 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.