Golden Retriever Mix Photos

Category Dogs
Mixed breed dogs can make wonderful family pets. This page contains golden retriever mix photos.

Can anyone help me figure out what kind of puppy this is? I adopted him from a shelter and am not sure what he is mixed with. I am told golden retriever and collie or husky or chow? He is 5 months old.

Katie from Ozone Park, NY

My dog duke looks just like him when he was that age we were told that he was a lab mixed with chow. There are some days he looks like a lab and some he looks like a chow, but then he has spots on him that neither dogs have so we are not sure. I would really love to find out what he is.

This golden mix looks like our last dog, and he was part golden, part collie and there was always something else, and it wasn't until 2 different people mentioned this, I added it to his mix. The third part was chow... His years may come up more, your dog looks just like our Cody... (keep in mind this is when my Cody was 13 yrs old...

What type of dog is she?

Janet

It's either called a Golden Shepherd or a German Retriever.

I have to say we have twins. I rescued her from SPCA the vet said she was a mix german/retriever. But I have seen some Canaan dogs that look similar.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Sandy is a 13 year old Shetland/Golden Retriever mix. I got her at the Ozaukee County Humane Society, June 2007. She likes to play with her sock.

I got my very best friend after my first husband left me. She was 11 months when I got her and wasn't even house-broken! Now she is just about the smartest dog I have ever known, and she is just as sweet as she is cute.

By antiquefreeque from WISCONSIN

Reddish dog with white on chest.

Comment Like this photo? 21

Beautiful! ;o

I love the coat and color. Lucky to have such a beautiful dog. Hope she stays with you for lots more years!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Diseal is a 9 week old Golden Retriever/Lab mix. I found him on cragislist and fell in love with his cute face. He love to eat Starbucks and play with the kids out side.

My pet is so special. He has parvo and we are getting him all of the treatment so he can live a long happy life with us he is just like my other kid we all love him so much He is the sweetest thing.

By jcollins6404 from Indianapolis, IN

Editor's Note: Here is an update on Diseal's health.

Diseal is doing great, he has recovered very well. The vet said he was fully recovered and he will be receiving his next set of shots in two weeks. He is just as playful as ever.

Yellow puppy.

Comment Like this photo? 19

Hello,

OMG! how precious is your fur-baby. He is just the cutest. Thank you so much for taking such good care of him. I know he will be a great family member for many years to come. Good luck

Sherri & "Tucker"

Reply Like this photo? Yes

RIP Sheba. It is with a heavy Heart to report my beloved Sheba has passed away. She was a week from her 15th birthday. She was the sweetest and most lovable pet I've ever owned.

She would let the cats crawl all over her, small kids slobber on her and never once growl or get upset. She loved the lake and going for walks everyday. She's been around for so long our home seems so empty. I will miss her dearly.

By Peggy

Black dog.

Comment Like this photo? 22

It's a tear jerker I know. Our best friends don't live very long, however, remember remember all the good times. You would never have had if your friend never came into your life.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Closeup of dog.

Beethoven just turned one. He is a St.Bernard and Golden retriever mix that I got a year ago at the pound after my Akita died. I wanted some company since I am disabled. He loves water and running after deer, but never too close.

Yellow puppy on car seat.

Abbey was the second drive-by I saw of "FREE PUPPIES" on the side of a road within two days. It, being the start of 2010, just seemed like a sign to have a cuddly addition to my life!

yellow dog

I got him in October 2015. He likes to chase his tail. He's a very affectionate guy, he needs hugs and kisses all day and as soon as I walk in the door he greets me with a lot of love!

Black and tan puppy.

Baby is 2 months and 2 days old. She is a mix, mother (mini golden retriever), father (cairn terrier). My husband and I had no idea she was pregnant by my grandmother's dog.

Dog chewing tennis ball.

Billy is a 5 year old Golden Retriever/Hound mix. About 3 years ago, my dog was found roaming around the woods of Buffalo, NY. My boyfriend, who is the executive director of a company that transports dogs from high kill shelters to low kill shelters.

Dog yawning.

Biscuit Baltimore Louis is a 7 year old German Shepard/Golden Retriever/Chow Chow mix. I bought Biscuit from the puppy place in town, in 2001. He likes to chase birds, fire hydrants, grass, and parks. He's an amazing best friend.

Tan dog.

Goof is a 7 year old German Shepard Golden Retriever mix. I was visiting a friend and she showed me an 8 week old puppy she couldn't keep any longer. He melted my heart and I took him home with me that day! That was 7 years ago.

Cosby (Saint Bernard/Lab/Golden Retriever)

Cosby is a 9 year old Saint Bernard/Lab/Golden Retriever mix. He was a puppy and we went up to Iron Gate and got him from couple who lived there. He likes his walks, stuffed animals, treats, and visiting with the neighbor's dogs in the backyard.

Dog on couch.

Kelsie is a 9 year old Golden Retriever Mix. We rescued her from a local shelter when she was a puppy. She is pretty lazy and likes to sleep on our bed.

Black dog with curly hair.

Gibraun is 4 years old. He is a Golden Retriever/Border Collie. I rescued him from the Berks County SPCA when he was 8 months.

Old dog.

Maggie was an 11 year old Golden Retriever Mix. My wife and I went to the SPCA on October 22, 1996 to adopt a pet. We were walking through the kennel while all of the dogs were jumping and barking, except for Maggie.

Closeup.

Maddie is a 5 year old 1/2 Dachshund, 1/2 Golden Retriever (we call her a 'Golden Weenie). We got her from a family in Ruston that had a litter of them. I was in college. I came home to my roommates and told them 'by the way, I got a puppy today.'

Dog and child.

Socks is a 5 month old terrier/golden mix. I just rescued her from the pound the middle of February after receiving a call from a friend that this adorable puppy was going to be put down.

Dog with head in hole she has dug.

Harley-girl is our Golden Retriever mix and will be 5 years old this August. Her favorite hobby, besides chasing squirrels and catching frisbees, is digging for moles. She has been helping to keep the mole population in our yard down for the last couple of years, while entertaining us...

Dog with green and white striped hat on.

Maggie May Maslowski is about 9, we think. She is a gold retriever mix mutt. We saved her from a fate worse than death from the Animal Care shelter in Oldham County, KY. Our daughter Karas wrote a persuasive letter from school and we fell for it.

Long haired brown and white dog.

My pet's name is Brutus and he is 12 years old. He is a black lab and golden retriever mix. We owned his father for 12 years. While traveling, Bud met Molly and it was love at first sight, lol.

Cream colored puppy and tabby cat lying together.

Kia and Alex are both 5 months old. Kia is half Golden Retriever and Half Alaskan Malmute. Alex is a Domestic Short hair cat. Both pets are rescue pets.

Golden mix with striped knit hat on.

Maggie (Golden Retriever Mix). Maggie is a Golden Retriever mutt who is about 8. We are not sure of her birthdate because she was a rescued pet. We found her at a shelter and fell in love with her.

Dog on flowered carpet.

I'm not sure how old Jazmin is, probably about 7 years of age, guessing from how long we have had her and approximately how old she was at the time we adopted her.

Dog in crate.

Moose is 1 year and 2 months old and is a Golden Retriever/Lab mix. We got him St. Patrick's Day weekend on a Sunday.

(format_html)

What breed is my dog? (Golden Retriever and German Shepard Mix)
What type of dog is she?

Janet

Feedback:

RE: What breed is my dog?

There's a website that may help you find what breed your dog is. It's dogbreedz.com. I looked and thought your dog resembled the Canaan dog. If you look though you may find what kind she is. Good luck. She sure is pretty! (06/03/2007)

By Darlene

RE: What breed is my dog?

I think your dog is at least part German Shepherd. The rest could be possible Golden Retriever or some other long haired breed. Your vet can tell you better. It's a beautiful dog. Looks like a dog I had. (06/03/2007)

By Stngray

RE: What breed is my dog?

Your dog looks a lot like my Angel who is German Shepherd and Australian Shepherd. (06/04/2007)

By rsheets

RE: What breed is my dog?

Looks like Shepherd/Golden or Shepherd/Collie. Pretty girl, looks like soft hair, sweet face. (06/05/2007)

By Kim Ch

RE: What breed is my dog?

Looks like a Belgian Tervuren (spelling?) to me. Look it up on the web. Beautiful dog. If not, at least some sort of Shepherd mix. (06/05/2007)

By Robin

RE: What breed is my dog?

Maybe a Belgian Shepherd. Very wonderful dog! (06/05/2007)

By Allison

RE: What breed is my dog?

Here's another website (http://www.mmigenomics.com/CHBTKits/order.php) that can determine the breed of your dog. It does cost (about $72), but they send you a DNA kit to use and send back in; they then send you the results. You might have seen it on the Today show on NBC. I decided to do it for my dog since she was a stray with unknown parents; haven't gotten the results back yet, but it was easy getting the DNA sample to send in. (06/05/2007)

By Lynn from Calif.

RE: What breed is my dog?

She's beautiful!I would tend to agree with the Golden Retriever/German Shepard cross, or else a Belgian Malinois, which can come with a longer coat. (06/06/2007)

RE: What breed is my dog? (Golden Retriever and German Shepard Mix)

I have seen everyone's dog on this site and I have to say my dog looks very similar to them. This is Milo, he is a German Shepherd/Golden Retriever/Lab mix. My boyfriend and I adopted him from the Humane Society in Fort Lauderdale FL. He is very energetic and loves to play and go for long walks. He is somewhat hard to train due to his short attention span, but we will always love him. I have fallen in love with this breed/mix. (09/06/2008)

By Amy

I have a German Shepherd Golden Retriever mix. My husband likes to say he is a German Retriever. He is the greatest dog we love him so much. Here is a picture of our handsome Barley. (02/15/2009)

By Elizabeth

Your dog is a Belgian Shepherd. (02/18/2009)

By Carma

She looks like a Belgian Tervuren: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Shepherd_Dog_(Tervuren) which is a long haired version of the Belgian Malinois - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belgian_Malinois (the image below is from wikipedia) (04/21/2009)

By agentofkhaos

Looks like Golden/Shepherd to me. Here's a pic of my dog Fred who is the same breed. (11/28/2009)

By Kerry3265

To me she looks like a Belgian Malinois, or possibly a Belgian Shepherd, they have the same coloring as the Malinois and German Shepherd, but longer hair. (12/14/2009)

By Hursh009