Brutus (Black Lab/Golden Retriever Mix)

My pet's name is Brutus and he is 12 years old. He is a black lab and golden retriever mix. We owned his father for 12 years. While traveling, Bud met Molly and it was love at first sight, lol. A short while later, Brutus and 7 siblings were born.

Brute and his sister Sheba love to be outdoors and exploring the lake that is in our backyard. They swim, play ball, watch the wildlife in the trees, especially the squirrel that throws things at him. My babies' favorite treats are fresh apples. The vet said it was good for them, helps keep their teeth clean and good for digestion.

What a beautiful dog!! My long-haired GSD is almost 10 yrs. old and LOVES apples, too!! Kato's favorite are honeycrisp apples...Minnesota's state apple. We buy bushels of them at an orchard in the fall!! Nothing but the best for the pooch!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

They say its a dogs life! Boy has your sweetie got a good life! (smiles) my boy david says hello! Hey is Brutis on Dogster? if so David would like to be his pal!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Brutus is a gorgeous combination of two beautful breeds! I'd never heard of feeding apples to dogs. I'll have to start sharing my daily apple with my dachshund/beagle mix - she'll eat anything so I'm sure she'll like that, too! Give Brutus and Shelba both a big hug and kiss for me. God bless you!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Gorgeous dog and lovely photo. My 3 doggies
would love a lake in the back yard and maybe
even a squirrel to watch sounds fun. Oh who are we
kidding my doggies love the inside, the couches
and attention... your dogs sound nice and enjoy a great life

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He's beautiful. Sounds a lot like my Impulse. He's a 5 year old 1/2 choc lab 1/2 golden. He has the choc color but looks more like a Golden. Loves the water and has so much energy. Even at 5. He weighs around 65-70 lbs. Great dog!

Reply Like this photo? Yes