Goo Gone Smell On Clothing

Thank you to those who suggested I use Goo Gone to get sticker residue off my daughter's shirts. Now I can't get the smell of Goo Gone out of the shirts. I've washed three times with vinegar, I've let it soak in detergent. I've used extra detergent and the smell still lingers strongly (which smells like gasoline for those of you wondering what the odor is like). Any other ideas? Thank you.

Melissa W.

Answers:

Goo Gone Smell On Clothing

Sorry to hear that, Melissa. I've never had that happen when I used Goo-gone, so I'm not sure what you should do. Have you tried soaking the shirt in baking soda and water (a high baking soda/water ratio)? That would be the next thing I'd try, then I'd wash it after soaking (if the smell seems gone or mostly gone), and hang it out to dry. I hope if this doesn't help, someone else can give you some guidance.

Terry from ChilliOH (05/03/2005)

By terdralynn

Goo Gone Smell On Clothing

Try soaking them in bleach that is color safe. (05/05/2005)

By Mrs. Clean

Goo Gone Smell On Clothing

The crew that installed new windows in my home used Goo Be Gone to clean the stickers off the windows. The house stunk for 2 days; airing it out didn't work, neither did six little bowls of vinegar throughout the 1100 sq ft area. What did work was closing the windows and heating the house up to about 86 degrees. The heat minimized the smell. (11/21/2008)

By Krisancan

Goo Gone Smell On Clothing
Basket of musty smelling clothing.
Removing Musty Smell from Clothing
basket of dirty laundry
Removing Petroleum Based Solvent Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Removing Mothball Odor from Clothing
Little Boy Dressed as Detective
Making a Detective Costume
🎄
🍂