Grease Stains on Clothes

How do I get grease or oil stains out of my cotton clothes after they've been laundered? They've been washed and dried. Some have had the iron run over them before I realized what I was doing.

By Cricketnc from Parkton, NC

Answers:

Grease Stains on Clothes

I use Tresseme's deep cleansing shampoo. It works for me. I just rub some on the spot and wash. Works with an old grease spot, too. (06/03/2009)

By rforbes

Grease Stains on Clothes

A capfull of Krud Kutter in the wash should easily remove the stains. (06/04/2009)

By TJest

Grease Stains on Clothes

You can try Lestoil on them. Put some on and let sit for a while, then launder as usual. Lestoil is found where the cleaning supplies are in the store. (06/06/2009)

By Coll3

Grease Stains on Clothes

Totally Awesome from the Dollar Tree store works, also. (06/06/2009)

By Merlene

Grease Stains on Clothes

If the stains are from grease, you can use any cheap shampoo on them. It is also great for removing ring-around-the-collar, if it removes excess oils from your hair, it will do the same for your clothes.

Another option is Dawn dish detergent. Just be sure to use the regular Dawn on everything colored and not the one with bleach. My friend ruined her son's khaki Dockers when she accidentally used Dawn with bleach on them.
Good luck. (06/06/2009)

By indianlady

Grease Stains on Clothes

I just recently found at our local auto parts store, Greased Lightning. The stuff is like a wonder cleaner. There are actually three different formulations that I've found locally. One is in a purple bottle. One is in a white bottle. And the third is in a clear bottle. The stuff in the purple bottle works like magic. You should be able to find it at Auto Zone if you have one nearby.

The stuff in the white bottle is good for using on clothes to remove stains and general household cleaning. I found it at Dollar General in the cleaning supplies. The orange stuff in the clear bottle, well I haven't found a good use for it yet. It does smell good though. Maybe it would make a good air freshener? The company that makes it also offers coupons for their products. To get engine grease out of your clothes, simple spray the cleaner on and rinse off. (07/02/2009)

By Blissful

Grease Stains on Clothes

I read lots of answers to this question on several different websites and one of them said to soak the clothing item in a detergent containing enzymes. I looked around my house and the only detergent that contained enzymes was Cascade. So, first I rubbed a little Dawn dish soap on the spot, which was also recommended, and then soaked my t-shirt in a tub of cold water mixed with Dawn and Cascade overnight. I don't actually know if it was one or the other or both, but after rinsing my shirt thoroughly with cold water, and letting it hang dry, the grease stain is totally gone! I should mention this was a 100% cotton t-shirt and it had already been through the wash and dryer the day before, so the stain had already "set in". (09/05/2009)

By Anonymous

Woman removing a Grease stain.
Removing Grease (Oil) Stains from Clothing
grease stain on carpet
Cleaning Grease Stains on Carpet
person in t-shirt pouring food oil in bowl
Cleaning Food Oil Stains from T-Shirts
Woman in white lace shirt gazing down
Removing Grease Stains on Lace Clothing
cleaning grease off wallpaper
Cleaning Grease Off Wallpaper
🎉
🎄