Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Grilling Hamburgers

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Grilling Hamburgers

Hamburgers are one of the most popular foods for grilling. Cooking the perfect burger does take a bit of skill and experience. This is a guide about grilling hamburgers.

Solutions: Grilling Hamburgers

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Recipe: Grilled Hamburgers

So nice to finally have it warm out here and be able to fire up the grill. This recipe is just a simple, burger recipe for the grill. Very yummy!

• 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
  • 1 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
  • 3/4 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 pieces or 4 slices mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Combine ground beef, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder and salt in bowl; mix well. Shape into eight 1/ 4 inch patties. Place cheese in center of 4 patties, and top with remaining patties, sealing edge. Grill over medium-hot coals until done to taste, turning once.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 5-7 Minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10

By Robin from Washington, IA

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Grilling Hamburgers.

Question: Keeping Grilled Hamburgers Fresh

I'm having a graduation party and serving over 100 grilled hamburgers. Any ideas on how to keep them fresh? I'd like to cook most of them early on in the party.

By myoungy from Minneapolis, MN

Most Recent Answer

By it's.only.me [165]05/06/2009

If you don't have a trivet, use balled-up pieces of foil instead.

Question: Juicier Hamburgers

For a juicy hamburger, add one beaten egg for each pound of hamburger meat. Don't flatten burgers with your spatula, that presses out the juices.

Post your tips below.

Most Recent Answer

04/22/2009

For juicy burgers, add 1/4 cup applesauce per pound.

Question: Grilling Hamburgers (Burgers)

Tips for grilling hamburgers. Post your ideas.

Most Recent Answer

By Trish [4]04/04/2010

Ok, I don't cook so a friend wants me to start trying and since I have one of those lean, fat reducing Foreman grills she's having me try cooking burgers. I've only used frozen patties from the store on the grill. She had me add a packet of Ranch dressing mix with the meat. So I squished it all together made the patties, put them on the grill for 8 minutes, about, and they were pretty dry. I read some of these tips and maybe using the grill took all the juice away. She doesn't want me to use a pan, but what else can I do? I read on a site to put a tea or tablespoon of mayo in with the meat. Maybe that? Or maybe I should've use her suggestion of Worcestershire sauce instead. I like Ranch dressing though. Help.

Trish
R. C., CA