Grilling Hamburgers

Hamburgers are one of the most popular foods for grilling. Cooking the perfect burger does take a bit of skill and experience. This is a guide about grilling hamburgers.

May 4, 2009 Flag

I'm having a graduation party and serving over 100 grilled hamburgers. Any ideas on how to keep them fresh? I'd like to cook most of them early on in the party.

By myoungy from Minneapolis, MN

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where I work we had counter days, which is where you get suppliers in and invite custoemrs for lunch and to talk to the suppliers. We would (the counter days are a casualty of the economy) grill the burgers and hot dogs early and put them in a electric roaster (ours is a Nesco) with some water. We set the temp just below boiling. It kept the food hot and the water kept them from drying out.

We've always used the Nesco roaster method that Zoodad described. Rather than water, though, we added some beef boulion cubes so that it was "beef brothy". I'm not sure if that changes the taste, but the aroma sure is good. Being from Wisconsin, we also put some brats on the grill and kept them warm in the broth also :)

You could add a bit of Liquid Smoke to the water while keeping juicy and hot. I use my frying pan and a lid to cover for leftover burgers and they're very good. For keeping 100 burgers hot, you probably could use a large pot with lid and add water to the bottom then place a rack in it to keep burgers from absorbing the water while the steam keeps them hot.

My friend Carol taught me how; use a large crock pot, or several if you need them, and put the patties, along with the beef cubes as described above, or just with some canned beef broth. Keeps the patties moist and hot!

June 22, 2011 Flag

So nice to finally have it warm out here and be able to fire up the grill. This recipe is just a simple, burger recipe for the grill. Very yummy!

July 7, 2005 Flag

Tips for grilling hamburgers. Post your ideas.

When I make my burgers I put in the middle of 2 skinny hamburgs my favorite cheese and cooked bacon bits (the real stuff). So delicious

For the best hamburgers, always buy the cheapest regular ground beef to make juicy burgers. (Someone mentioned putting butter inside for juiciness. No need when you buy the cheapest hamburger). Also, 2 big mistakes and many people do that makes me cringe when I see them cook burgers is that "Squeeze" them with the back of a turner. There goes all the juiciness that the burger has, right out of the burger. Refrain from "Mashing" your burgers. Makes for a dry burger. I get 4 burgers out of a pound of regular hamburger meat, so they don't shrink that badly. Also, another tip is, don't turn your burger but one time. Cook on the first side till the juices start coming up on the top side, then flip them only when they are browned properly on the first side. Salt and pepper the top side after you flip the burger that has browned on the first side. Then add cheese if you so desire after you have added your salt and pepper. You will have moist and juicy burgers this way. This will work on the grill cooked on high at first, then turned down to medium on a gas grill, and also in a skillet cooked on medium.

Hope you will try these tips. You will have great burgers.

Linda

How do you minimize flare ups from the hamburger meat, and do you cook it with indirect or direct heat? I know you can use a spray bottle or cup of water but it's a constant thing and if you keep opening the grill you lose alot of the smoke flavor, what do I do?

I've been using my charcoal grill this winter. My hamburgers are done, but still are bright pink in the middle. The juices are running clear. Does anyone know why and what should I do?

nehbanik74 @yahoo.com

November 3, 2006 Flag

For a juicy hamburger, add one beaten egg for each pound of hamburger meat. Don't flatten burgers with your spatula, that presses out the juices.

Post your tips below.

If you want an extra little kick in your burger, try adding a few dashes of liquid smoke to the meat before cooking and another couple before serving. Really gives it that "just BBQ'd" flavour!

I'm only 14, but i love to cook, I found that using a little bit of sparkling water (Seltzer), really makes the burgers juicy, and get and indescribable aura of tastes.

For juicy burgers, add 1/4 cup applesauce per pound.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BBQ and GrillJune 4, 2013
Hamburger with Fries
Making Hamburgers
grilled salmon
Green Grilling Tips
Hamburger Sliders
Making Sliders
Grilling Salmon
Grilling Salmon
🎄