Growing Alstroemeria

These beautiful perennials, also know as Peruvian lily or lily of the Inca make an excellent, colorful addition to your garden and are lovely as cut flowers. This is a guide about growing alstroemeria.

Alstroemeria Flowers
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 13, 2012 Flag

The first flower bloomed this week. A lily that DD gave me. The second is the newest Alstroemeria called "Navajo Princess". Maroon and gold lily. Alstroemeria called "Navajo Princess".

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Maroon and gold lily.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 21, 2008 Flag

I am interested in planting perennials this year and have found a beautiful plant called "Alstroemeria". Can anyone provide me with info on this flowering plant and whether it can be planted in my zone in central Louisiana. As well as upkeep and so forth.

Nelwyn from Bunkie, LA

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is the flower that you see in so many flower arrangements made by florists - they love it! I hope you have great luck with it. God bless you!

When you google it again, try spelling it 'alstroemeria'. Hope that helps.

Hi there.

Those are some of my favorite flowers! They are also known as Peruvian lilies.

They come in many different colors, from white to deep maroon, to yellow, to pink, and lots of colors.

I found some good information on the NC State University website here:

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/ ... heets/bulbs-summer/alstroemeria.html

They are hardy in your zone, they should grow quite nicely.

Stop into a nursery. The people that work there will have an abundance of information, and it will be relevant to your geographic area.

Also, there's a site called Daves Garden that has great gardening information as well. When we moved into our house, I didn't know my daffodils from my hostas. Now, I do! There are lots of pictures on Daves, too.

Have fun gardening!

February 25, 2012 Flag

Lavender freesia in the front yard. Most are white right now. I saw a red one open in The Path Garden today. Freesia from Moorpark, CA

The Alstroemeria is a new one and this is the first bloom. Hoping for rain to help with the water bill. Tomorrow, it is supposed to be 80s and windy, which dries the garden faster. I hope to get out and water early.

Alstroemeria (Moorpark, CA)

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

May 8, 2011 Flag

Hubby's sense of humor at work in the garden again. These Alstroemeria are small. I was told they are miniature (a gift from daughter-in-law). They are good bloomers here in Southern California.

By GG Vi

Small red flowering plants.

Home and Garden Gardening FlowersDecember 21, 2013
Half of a honeydew melon and slices.
Growing Honeydew Melons
Growing your own wedding flowers.
Growing Your Own Wedding Flowers
Veggie seeds.
Growing Vegetables from Seeds
Two whole plums and one cut in half showings it's pit.
Growing Plum Trees From Pits
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 11, 2016 at 8:44:29 AM on 10.0.2.133 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.