Growing Tomatoes Inside

I have some tomatoes which I started a bit late in the season. They are doing well in outdoor pots but I'm worried now that the weather is changing. Does anyone have any tips on bringing them inside so I can keep them? Thank you.

Linda

Answers:

Growing Tomatoes Inside

I am at the end of the growing season and mine are just giving me tomatoes now. I will take them as far as I can to the frost cycle and then they are done. If I don't pull them up, they will be volunteers in the garden next year. The wear and tear on the tomato plant might not survive the indoor season.

If the foliage does, it may not give you fruit. Indoor green houses have a different schedule, temps they are kept in to keep them going. Also, rain water is the best for watering, so you will have to come up with something other than chlorinated city water. Too many variables for vegetables that flowers don't have.
(08/28/2008)

By Grandma J

Growing Tomatoes Inside

Brown paper bag with an apple inside and don't overcrowd the tomatoes in the bag. (08/29/2008)

By sherri

Growing Tomatoes Inside

I would think that the crucial factor will be the amount of light that you can give them. If you have a very sunny spot, you should be able to keep them going for awhile until you get a few tomatoes off them. (08/29/2008)

By louel53

Growing Tomatoes, Red Tomatoes on White Background
Growing Tomatoes
Hanging planter baskets holding tomato plants with numerous yellow blossoms and green cherry tomatoes against a rustic background.
Growing Tomatoes in Hanging Planters
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Supporting Tomato Plants
Supporting Tomato Plants
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
🎄