Growing Tomatoes in Containers

I just bought a tomato plant in a 3 gallon container, it is about 2 1/2 ft tall. Should I transfer it to a larger container? It's almost ready to spring tomatoes.

By Michelle from Atlanta, GA

Answers:

Growing Tomatoes in Containers

I know some people will say that you should transfer it and tomatoes need a lot of soil, but personally I have grown big tomato plants in regular flower pots (around 1 gallon each) and have gotten some great harvests from them in those small pots! Just water and fertilize often. I think your pot is just fine. (03/30/2010)

By haushinka

Growing Tomatoes in Containers

I agree with haushinka. Also if you transplant you could disturb the roots and end of killing the tomato plant. (03/30/2010)

By MCW

Growing Tomatoes in Containers
Growing Tomatoes in Containers
Hanging planter baskets holding tomato plants with numerous yellow blossoms and green cherry tomatoes against a rustic background.
Growing Tomatoes in Hanging Planters
Canned Tomatoes on White Background
Canning Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Saving Money on Tomatoes
Tw Red Tomatoes sitting in Ice
Using Frozen Tomatoes
🎄