Hair Dye on Clothing

How can I remove hair color stains from clothing?

By Tracy from Fort Scott, KS

I often get hair dye on my counter, tub and skin! The dye I use stains worse (but less toxic). I love funky hair colors.

The best cure I have found is LAVA soap! It is found at hardware stores, usually for cleaning up after working on your vehicle. Buy the LAVA bar soap (red paper), it works up a lather or use the bar directly for extra abrasion. It may not work for natural hair color dye, or clothes...but if it is safe enough to use on my skin I don't see how it could ruin your clothes.

Spray it immediately with hair spray and then treat with Dawn dish liquid or Lava soap.

October 27, 2009 Flag

I need to know how to remove hair dye from clothing. Could someone please help me?

gmm369

Answers:

Hair Dye on Clothing

This happened to me once. I got the dye out by soaking the shirt in a mixture of hot water and equal parts powdered Cascade dishwasher detergent, and powdered Clorox 2. (03/18/2007)

By teddygirl

Hair Dye on Clothing

I often get hair dye on my counter, tub and skin. The dye I use stains worse (but less toxic). I love funky hair colors.
The best cure I have found is LAVA soap. It is found at hardware stores, usually for cleaning up after working on your vehicle. Buy the LAVA bar soap (red paper), it works up a lather, or use the bar directly for extra abrasion. It may not work for natural hair color dye or clothes, but if it is safe enough to use on my skin I don't see how it could ruin your clothes. (03/18/2007)

By Starchild in VT

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes