DamagedHair Tips

Hair Falling Out After Bleaching, Dyeing, and Perming

Category Damaged

I bleached and dyed my hair 4 months ago and redyed it 1 month ago. I just permed my hair and it is falling out everywhere! Please help me. What should I do? I don't want short hair.

By Madison

Your first step is the medical community. Once you get some help there, I would go back to whatever place you bought the stuff and find out what can be done about compensation. My daughter went in a pool once where the chlorine was 4 times the amount it should have been, and they had to pay us all for treatments for our children. Someone sold you something that is not reacting. I wish you luck.

It is never a good idea to bleach and perm your hair even if you do them months apart. It will grow back, as the roots are not damaged, but the hair strands are not strong enough to take that kind of abuse - sorry. As a hairdresser, I turned many women away who wanted perms over their bleached hair. There is no product or pill that can save it. Best of luck to you, and I am so sorry you had to learn this the hard way.