Perming Colored Hair

Category Hair Tips
girl with curly dyed red hair
Care needs to be take to prevent damage when perming colored hair. This is a guide about perming colored hair.

I have partially colored hair. Is it safe to do a home perm? If so, which one do you recommend?

No one can give you a proper answer without seeing your hair, and I have no idea what you mean by 'partially colored hair'. I can give you a general answer.

It should be safe for you to do a home perm, providing you know what you are doing, your hair has not been damaged by any previous treatments and you have a healthy scalp, and of course have no allergies to the perm.

I wont recommend a particular brand of perm. I will say, and you should already know, make sure you select a perm for color treated hair.

NOW HEAR THIS. If you decide to do a home perm, do a test curl, first. They are usually done at the temple or nape of the neck where hair is usually more resistant. A test curl will give you a time for processing the entire head. Also, with a test curl, should there be any damage from the perm, it will be limited to one test curl and not the entire head.

I have been natural for 4 years now and I have my hair colored with a permanent hair color for aged women because of the gray. I haven't colored it in 6 weeks. I want a perm, is it safe to perm and color with a semi permanent color?

I recommend talking to your hair stylist about this.

I had dyed my hair already how long after can I put a perm in?