Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
Can't go wrong with a side of healthy chicken tortilla soup!
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 30
Total Time: 40
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can black beans
- 2 chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken broth
- mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Wash vegetables and dice onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, and mince garlic.
- In a large pot, pour in olive oil and cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Then add minced garlic and jalapeños and cook for a minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans and chicken broth in. Turn up the heat for the pot to boil.
- Once pot boils, lower the heat to simmer and add in your chicken breast.
- Let the chicken breasts cook for 20-25 minutes. When the chicken is fully finished cooking, grab tongs and set the chicken aside in a bowl to shred when cooled.
- Squeeze 3/4 of the lime juice into the pot and dash of salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat. While soup is still hot, you can shred your chicken and cut the avocado.
- Once you are ready to serve, add chicken and garnish with avocado, mozzarella cheese, tortilla chips and side of wedge lime.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!