Healthy Chicken Tortilla Soup
This healthy version of a Mexican restaurant staple is filled with veggies. This is a page about making healthy chicken tortilla soup
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Can't go wrong with a side of healthy chicken tortilla soup!
Prep Time: 10
Cook Time: 30
Total Time: 40
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 can black beans
- 2 chicken breast
- 6 cups chicken broth
- mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Wash vegetables and dice onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, and mince garlic.
- In a large pot, pour in olive oil and cook the onions for 2-3 minutes. Then add minced garlic and jalapeños and cook for a minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans and chicken broth in. Turn up the heat for the pot to boil.
- Once pot boils, lower the heat to simmer and add in your chicken breast.
- Let the chicken breasts cook for 20-25 minutes. When the chicken is fully finished cooking, grab tongs and set the chicken aside in a bowl to shred when cooled.
- Squeeze 3/4 of the lime juice into the pot and dash of salt and pepper.
- Turn off heat. While soup is still hot, you can shred your chicken and cut the avocado.
- Once you are ready to serve, add chicken and garnish with avocado, mozzarella cheese, tortilla chips and side of wedge lime.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.