Heater Not Working in 1996 Ford Ranger

I have a 1996 Ford Ranger. Recently the heat stopped working. I changed the thermostat and the heater core and still no heat, please help.

By Bob

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Sorry I can't help, all I can do is sympathize. I have a 2004 Ford Explorer and the heater quit working. 3 repair shops all said it will cost $1,000 to fix it because it is so inaccessible. Something about a 'blend door'. I am so mad at Ford I will never buy another one. In the meantime I can see my icy breath in the car on a cold Oregon morning.

We bought my daughter a 1998 ford ranger. The air conditioner would not hold charge. Then the heater would blow luke warm air even after running for a long while. Since I really dont know if yours is doing this or just not working all together. It's really hard to say but, here is what we did to fix hers with her problem. It's called air door actuator.

If you are close to a napa store the part number is 655-1551 (this was for a 1998), but still might be the same. And here was the kicker; t was located inside of the glove box. Well the glove box was taken out it was in behind it. Hope this helps or it may help someone....and my husband says I shouldnt keep all those boxes of used parts...lol.

Answer

Truck Heater Problems
Home and Garden Repair CarsFebruary 4, 2013
Car Radiator
Troubleshooting Car Heater Problems
Snow Covered Truck
Troubleshooting Truck Heater Problems
Ford Ranger
Ford Ranger Heater Not Working
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on May 24, 2016 at 7:08:49 PM on 10.0.2.69 in 905 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.