Holiday Appetizer Recipes
The holiday season is a great time for parties and family get togethers. Appetizers are a party staple. This page contains holiday appetizer recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
February 23, 20060 found this helpful
This veggie tree is a "hit" of the party; use any type of vegetable or fruit you want to use with your favorite dip. The veggie tree can be used at any type of party; change the decoration on the tray to reflect holiday or occasion.
November 11, 20050 found this helpful
One of the quickest party appetizers that can be prepared is to put an 8 oz. brick of cream cheese on a platter and pour a jar of pepper jelly over it, then place crackers around it. Pepper jelly can be found at most grocery stores, in the condiment aisle. This appetizer is highly welcomed at most parties.
By Terri from NV
January 27, 20060 found this helpful
Cover a Styrofoam cone with curly lettuce; add slices of apples beginning from the bottom and adding slices until you reach top of cone; place a cherry or piece of pineapple for the topping.Read More...
March 21, 20050 found this helpful
- 1 pkg. cream cheese (softened)
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 pkg. sliced, dried beef (snipped, 3/4 cup)
- 2 Tbsp. instant onion
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
Blend cream cheese and milk. Stir in beef, onion, green pepper, and pepper.. Mix and stir in sour cream. Spoon into 8 inch pie tin or ceramic pie is nice. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Serve as a dip with crackers, chips, etc. Serves about 20. May be made ahead and reheated in microwave. Always serve warm!
A simple, but delightful snack good for a holiday party is pancakes. Yes, pancakes, but made over. These can be made with leftover pancakes as well.
Total Time: 10-20 minutes
Yield: 20-24 medium pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 - 1 cup milk
- 3 Tbsp oil
- powdered sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup applesauce
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Dash nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients, adding the milk gradually until the batter reaches desired consistency.
- Simply cut each pancake into fourths, drop 6-8 triangles into a baggie of powdered sugar and give them a good coating shake. Arrange nicely on a platter and you are ready to go!
- Add a cup of pumpkin or applesauce and some cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to your pancake batter for a great winter holiday taste.
- Red and green bell peppers, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
- Philadelphia Brand cream cheese with chives
- Finely-shredded Cheddar cheese
Spread cream cheese with chives on pepper sections, and top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. Everyone loves these, and they're so easy to make!