Requesting Holiday Gift Wrapping Donations?

Requesting Holiday Gift Wrapping Donations?I work for a non-profit, Youth Villages in North Carolina. For the past 12 years, we have supplied many children with Holiday gifts with our program, Holiday Heroes. With the help of donors, and program staff. We have fulfilled hundreds of children with holiday gifts. This year we are hoping to have a Holiday wrapping party with volunteers! Where should I look to have wrapping paper, boxes, tape, gift bags donated for the families?

Answers

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 196 Feedbacks
Best Answer

The group's website looks extensive. I would hope their marketing department/person could do an email blast to existing donors and friends of the organization to ask for donations for the project. I would start there with people who already know and support the group before going outside and asking for the public's help.

Sadly people have donation fatigue which is why it is best to start with people who already know your group.

Also, if I may add a suggestion, consider asking for useful items to wrap presents...meaning inexpensive fleece blankets, reusable shopping bags, and fun towels make lovely wrap and can be an extra gift to the family--plus it is a good selling point that you are doing something better for the families and the environment--rather than paper and ribbons that will be thrown out.

I know as a donor--I look for places that don't waste my money on things that will end up in the trash...just a different idea I hope sparks come creative gift giving!!

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts

Put want ads on Freecycle or your Buy Nothing group

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts

There are a lot of retailers that could help out, by simply asking. Create a letterhead and your proposal when asking.

Be sure to add that it is for children and a worth wild cause. You could start with Target and a few others.

Wonderful, and thought-out message! I will definitely consider your comment for this year's Holiday Heroes. I have been spending the past few weeks talking to donors for the gifts and rallying together the offices that are excited to help with this year's program. I have left the gift wrapping sadly on the sidelines, until now. What amazing suggestions, and opinions you have! Thank you for the comment, really sparked a lot of inspiration for Holiday Heroes!!

Better Living Charity AdviceNovember 10, 2021
🎂
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Requesting-Holiday-Gift-Wrapping-Donations-1.html