Question
Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Home Remedies for Body Aches

0 0EmailFollow
Pin It
Woman With Body Aches

Exercise, work around your house, and other activities can leave you with aches and pains. This is a guide about home remedies for body aches.

Solutions: Home Remedies for Body Aches

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: Use Your Car As A Heat Treatment For Body Aches

I use my car when I have migraines or even sinus congestion, have achy muscles or want some warm, sunny, dry comfort.

I live in NE Pennsylvania, not an incredibly HOT place most of the time, but when I feel sick or just need some shielded sunshine or dry heat treatment for my migraines or sinus congestion, I will sit in my car (parked in my driveway out in the sun) for a real heat treatment! I bet I could even bring out eucalyptus or Vicks VapoRub and place it on a tissue to add that to the warm air!

You might want to bring a timer to set if you only have a short time available or in case you fall asleep, which is a real possibility for me. You may bring a book or newspaper or just meditate in the peaceful warmth if you'd like and should crack a window slightly for fresh air circulation as well.

I find the hot dry air a comfort for my headaches and when I need a warm cozy spot for a few minutes. I must admit that I have taken a number of naps sitting up in the car, but I live rurally so no one is around to catch me snoozing!

By

Tip: Use Your CrockPot to Heat a Rice Pillow

I needed a way to heat up a rice bag I made for my sore neck. Alas, I don't use a microwave so my Hubby suggested using a crock pot to heat it up. Boy does that work great and you don't need to worry about burning the fabric or rice. True you need to plan ahead, maybe even use two crock pots. Just thought I would share this idea.

By Viki from Abbeville, AL

Tip: Use Cayenne and Lotion for Aches

For general aches and pains, mix cayenne pepper powder with your favorite hand and body lotion. Keep adding the cayenne powder until the mixture is a pink color. Mix well. Then apply to the body area, of the ache or pain that is bothering you. After a few days if you still have the aches or pains, then go to a doctor. Wear latex gloves while mixing and applying this mixture, as you won't want to rub your eyes or nasal area afterwards.

By Terri H. from NV

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Home Remedies for Body Aches.

Question: Microwave Heat Bag

I am looking for instructions for making the bags that you can put in the microwave. The ones you use for aches and pains etc. What is inside and how do you clean them when needed?

Thanks,
PICO from ST. PAUL, ALBERTA

Best Answers

By ollie (Guest Post)10/06/2006

For a medicinal heat pack for arthritis and rheumatism, dry roast in a clean pan equal amounts of fine diced old root ginger and rock salt till the ginger is golden and dry. Make a thick cotton case large enough to hold the mixture so that when flat the heat pack is 1 inch thick and seal. Make another as a washable case to put over it.
This can be heated in a microwave oven for 1 to 2 minutes to the desirable temperature. Do not over heat as salt can retain high heat and cause burns on fragile skin. Place on affected areas to soothe the pain. Store in dry cupboard when not in use.

Best Answers

By Marinelle Stone12/05/2005

Here's a coincidence! Not 30 minutes ago I finished two hot pads for my Chihuahuas. I used 100% cotton fabric and 100% cotton batting (thin). I cut 6 layers of fabric using a plate for the shape and 2 layers of the batting. Layer 2 fabric, 1 batting, 1 fabric. Sew around the rim of all and leave a 4 inch opening. Turn it inside out so the batting has fabric on each side. This gives you a low temp side with the batting, and a higher temp side with the fabric. I stuffed them with cheap, bulk rice and then sewed the opening shut. Popped them in the microwave for 90 seconds.

A word of warning--a friend put his nylon or polyester socks in the microwave to dry them after he got caught in the rain. They melted and started a fire in the room.

I've been thinking of finding a cotton shirt and sewing on a liner with vertical tubes to fill with rice. I'd have the tubes run around the shoulders and across the back. My bursitis just yells for it. --Stone in OKC

Best Answers

By Cindy12/05/2005

My sister made some of these with a medium weight cotton fabric. She used regular rice and added some essentail oil like peppermint and lavender. They smell great and are very soothing. Then she sewed a little pillowcase for it out of some old upholstery that was pretty. That way, when it gets dirty, you just take off the pillowcase and wash it.

Best Answers

By Becky12/04/2005

I take a terry cloth tea towel. I fold it in half length wise. I then sew it in thirds. I then fill it about half full of field corn in each of the three pockets. I then double stitich around the towel.

I heat in the micowave about 4 miniutes. When it no longer keeps the heat or it gets dirty, throw it in the washer. Lay it out to dry (DON'T) put it in the dryer.

This works great on a knee as it is big enough to lay on the top of the knee and around the sides. Enjoy!