Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

My son is 25 and he has Crohn's disease. I have many aloe vera plants, do you have a recipe I can use that will not bring on diarrhea? Thank you so much.

Mary

Answers:

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

Aloe vera is wonderful, but I must add one warning. I have IBS, but I also have an extremely sensitive stomach, prone to ulcers and gastritis. If you have stomach (as opposed to bowel) problems, aloe vera can really do a nasty job of irritating the stomach.

So just be sure you don't have a history of ulcer disease, before you take aloe vera internally. :-) (08/15/2008)

By WildIrish

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

I'm not sure about the aloe vera juice, but you can take turmeric for the diarrhea. It is a powerful anti-oxidant and stops diarrhea really well. There is a web site that has wonderful remedies. It's "earth clinic". You type in the problems, it gives really good advice. The only thing I've discovered about turmeric, is you need to get good quality and it needs to be in capsules, unless you capsule it your self. I have given up getting it from vitamin companies, cause it takes much more to work. I get it from a health food store in bulk.

One thing to look for when u do get it, is it has the appearance of a powder mixed with a little oil. The stuff from vitamin stores is always very dry and powdery. I use rubber gloves to do it, it will stain your fingers badly. I suffer from chronic diarrhea, so I have spent some time researching this. The good quality stuff only takes about 3/4 to 1.5 tsp. to work, I take 3/4tsp, in a large capsule, 3 times a day. Works like a charm, when I'm under stress. I need to take more. I use it in cooking, too. It's the main spice in lawry's season salt. Hope this helps. Try Earth Clinic, too. (08/19/2008)

By chris

Homemade Aloe Verasoap

I am a big fan of natural handmade soaps and keep trying them. They convert my bathing to real pleasure session. I would particularly mention this soap called Moksha. Sold by Lass Cosmetics, this natural handmade soap contains Lavende and Ylang ylang. Moksha is a treat for the muscles and the senses.
(10/26/2008)

By Trina

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

(Submitted via email)

---------

I also have been eating half a large aloe vera leaf (freshly picked) every day - just the gel.
I have noticed a lot of improvements. Would like to talk one on one with someone who also practices this.

Nadine (02/04/2009)

By Sally_Admin

Homemade Aloe Vera Juice

I recently harvested a large amount of aloe gel from a plant that was climbing out of its big pot. I washed the stalks, slit them open, scraped the gel into a bowl, being sure NO GREEN was included. I then blended it on a low speed, and poured into into ice cube trays which I then inserted into plastic bags. When the aloe was frozen solid, I removed the cubes to another container and have them ready for smoothies or applying to skin. I am assuming that freezing retains the goodness of the aloe while preserving. (02/16/2009)

By Zephyr

Jar of Aloe Very Juice surrounded by chopped aloe plant leaves and a wooden spoon holding the gel from the inside of the plant
Homemade Aloe Vera Juice
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
An aloe plant in a pot.
Growing Aloe
Woman Using Aloe Vera
Uses for Aloe Vera
green and purple Vera Bradley purse
Cleaning a Vera Bradley Bag
🎄