Uses for Aloe Vera

Aloe vera is a natural remedy for a number of minor skin problems, and known for it's health benefits when taken internally. This guide is about using aloe vera.

I have always known that the aloe vera gel from my plants were a good healing plant for scrapes, burns and wounds. It has been used for thousands of years. I have since discovered many more uses for this plant.

Aloe absorbs quick through the skin and reduces swelling as well as pain. It works well for sprains, muscle pain and arthritis. Just rub the gel all over the sore area.

I squeeze the gel into ice cube trays and freeze, so you can also use it as an ice pack. I use it for headaches, it is very soothing. I use the ice cubes on my eyes when they are swollen from allergies or just lack of sleep. The ice cube of aloe is especially soothing if someone has a minor burn.

You can also just keep the gel in the fridge and rub it on cotton balls to use as a compress for your eyes. It is also a great make-up remover. This is one of my favourites; aloe gel reduces wrinkles because aloe regenerates skin cells. Use it for eczema, acne and sun age spots.

Apply gel to sunburns, blisters, cold sores, rashes and insect bites. It helps fight bacteria and avoid infection. It is excellent for cleansing and tightening your pores. Use the gel as shave gel, it keeps legs smooth,and reduces irritation from shaving. Another favourite use I discovered is that it prevents or fades stretch marks. Rub the gel on the stretch marks and let it dry. Apply daily.

Apply gel to your hair, it's great for dandruff, psoriasis and hair loss from these conditions. Use it in place of your normal hair gel. Comb small amounts through your hair and style as usual. It also helps damaged or diseased gums. It will help with swelling and pain. It also helps fight tooth decay and reduces plaque.

There is so many more uses that I did not include. I am planning on buying a few more plants for wrinkles. I will let you know how it works!

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

I know sometimes when you have an anointment there is nothing more embarrassing then showing up looking sweaty. Here is a tip to to cool you off next time:

Use 3 Tbsp. of aloe gel and 3 Tbsp. of witch hazel. Mix together and apply to your skin. Use a misting spray bottle or just carry in a little container. You can double this up if you want. Also try aloe gel on the soles of your feet, this is suppose to keep you cool as well.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

I discovered one day when I ran out of hair gel that 100% pure aloe vera gel works great as a hair gel.

By truerblue

Squeeze out a pea size of pure clear aloe vera gel on a clean spoon and add two to three drops of clove oil. Stir together with a cotton swab until you can't see the clove bud oil anymore. Using the cotton swab, you can now dab a little of the mixture lightly on your gums and voila, the pain is numbed. If using for an infant under the age of three, use only one drop of clove bud oil. You can buy the aloe vera gel in its purest form in most grocery stores. Look in the suntan lotion area. You want to make sure it's the pure clear aloe vera, without dyes or other colorants. By Monika

This is a guide about using aloe vera for sunburns. Aloe vera is well known for its soothing effect on burns.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about homemade aloe vera juice. Typically thought of as a topical treatment, many people drink the juice to treat a wide variety of internal conditions and ailments.

Take the burn out of a sunburn by slice open an aloe vera leaf and putting the gel on the burned skin. If you don't have an aloe vera plant, buy pure aloe vera gel at a health food store.

Good for all MINOR burns.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

The juice and pulp from aloe vera plants have a variety of home uses including treating burns and other skin irritations. Check out some of the suggestions found in this guide about using my own aloe vera plant.

A natural remedy for hemorrhoidal irritation, aloe vera gel can help shrink blood vessels and cool for quick relief. This is a guide about using aloe vera gel for hemorrhoids.

Unless you have a allergy, you can slice open an aloe vera leaf and apply the gel to your face. This is a guide about using aloe vera on oily skin.

Persons with diabetes are subject to skin problems and infections. These issues can be treated with topical aloe vera. There are some studies that suggest that aloe juice may reduce blood sugar.

As with any herbal supplement used to treat a medical condition, check with your doctor before using. This is a guide about diabetic uses for aloe vera.

Using your blender you can make a refreshing drink from whole aloe vera. This guide contains fresh aloe drink.

Aloe vera can benefit your hair and scalp, and some have experienced hair growth. This is a guide about using aloe vera for hair regrowth.

This is a guide about using an aloe drink to reduce nighttime urination. Some people believe that drinking this aloe vera juice can help reduce nighttime urination.

If you suffer from frequent nighttime urination issues, give this a try.

Can aloe vera be applied to the face directly from the plant? Will it have any adverse effect on skin? Will it cure eczema and improve skin color?

By ashok

Answers

Nope, use it! Its completely safe unless your body is allergic to it. I always cut the ends of my plant if I need it for sun burns and etc.

I don't know that it will help with eczema or skin tone, but it's wonderful for scratches and burns. It's great straight off the plant. Slice open the leaf and apply the gel. Very soothing!

I stopped using moisturizers. Fresh aloe gel, used directly from the leaf is so effective & economical. I use it instead of a moisturizer & it works as a sunblock too.

Can I use aloe vera gel on burn on my neck caused by bleaching cream?

By Fabiola E. from Union City, NJ

Answers

yes, you can.

What all can you do with aloe vera?

By Faye

Answers

Use it on your skin for burns or sores. It is also used cosmetically in facial washes, etc. And the juice is drinkable. It makes nice looking potted plants.

How do you make aloe vera lotion?

By Ciera

Answers

There was a post about this a long time ago. I would do the search for you, but I am short on time. Look up "home made lotion." It was a combintaion of olive oil and aloe vera.