Uses for Aloe Vera

I have always known that the aloe vera gel from my plants were a good healing plant for scrapes, burns and wounds. It has been used for thousands of years. I have since discovered many more uses for this plant.

Aloe absorbs quick through the skin and reduces swelling as well as pain. It works well for sprains, muscle pain and arthritis. Just rub the gel all over the sore area.

I squeeze the gel into ice cube trays and freeze, so you can also use it as an ice pack. I use it for headaches, it is very soothing. I use the ice cubes on my eyes when they are swollen from allergies or just lack of sleep. The ice cube of aloe is especially soothing if someone has a minor burn.

You can also just keep the gel in the fridge and rub it on cotton balls to use as a compress for your eyes. It is also a great make-up remover. This is one of my favourites; aloe gel reduces wrinkles because aloe regenerates skin cells. Use it for eczema, acne and sun age spots.

Apply gel to sunburns, blisters, cold sores, rashes and insect bites. It helps fight bacteria and avoid infection. It is excellent for cleansing and tightening your pores. Use the gel as shave gel, it keeps legs smooth,and reduces irritation from shaving. Another favourite use I discovered is that it prevents or fades stretch marks. Rub the gel on the stretch marks and let it dry. Apply daily.

Apply gel to your hair, it's great for dandruff, psoriasis and hair loss from these conditions. Use it in place of your normal hair gel. Comb small amounts through your hair and style as usual. It also helps damaged or diseased gums. It will help with swelling and pain. It also helps fight tooth decay and reduces plaque.

There is so many more uses that I did not include. I am planning on buying a few more plants for wrinkles. I will let you know how it works!

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

18 More Solutions

I know sometimes when you have an anointment there is nothing more embarrassing then showing up looking sweaty. Here is a tip to to cool you off next time:

I discovered one day when I ran out of hair gel that 100% pure aloe vera gel works great as a hair gel.

Squeeze out a pea size of pure clear aloe vera gel on a clean spoon and add two to three drops of clove oil. Stir together with a cotton swab until you can't see the clove bud oil anymore. Using the cotton swab, you can now dab a little of the mixture lightly on your gums and voila, the pain is numbed. If using for an infant under the age of three, use only one drop of clove bud oil. You can buy the aloe vera gel in its purest form in most grocery stores. Look in the suntan lotion area. You want to make sure it's the pure clear aloe vera, without dyes or other colorants. By Monika

Take the burn out of a sunburn by slice open an aloe vera leaf and putting the gel on the burned skin. If you don't have an aloe vera plant, buy pure aloe vera gel at a health food store. Good for all MINOR burns.

Aloe Vera

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Is aloe vera gel the same as aloe vera juice?

Answers

No. The difference is Aloe Gel- thicker, bright green, containing colorants, fragrance, preservatives and p h adjusters. - Aloe Juice- aloe mixed with water, much thinner!

The gel is the clear goo you will find inside an aloe vera plant middle. To make the juice, it's scraped out and added to things like citrus juices, water and sugar etc

No it is not the same. The gel is squeezed from the plant or screaped off the leaves of the plant. The juice is processed and a lot more liquid in the juice and less of the gel from the inside of the leaves. it is not the same at all. One you can drink and the other you apply to your skin.

Answer this Question

Can aloe vera be applied to the face directly from the plant? Will it have any adverse effect on skin? Will it cure eczema and improve skin color?

By ashok

Answers

Nope, use it! Its completely safe unless your body is allergic to it. I always cut the ends of my plant if I need it for sun burns and etc.

I don't know that it will help with eczema or skin tone, but it's wonderful for scratches and burns. It's great straight off the plant. Slice open the leaf and apply the gel. Very soothing!

I stopped using moisturizers. Fresh aloe gel, used directly from the leaf is so effective & economical. I use it instead of a moisturizer & it works as a sunblock too.

Answer this Question

Can I use aloe vera gel on burn on my neck caused by bleaching cream?

By Fabiola E. from Union City, NJ

Answer this Question

What all can you do with aloe vera?

By Faye

Answers

Use it on your skin for burns or sores. It is also used cosmetically in facial washes, etc. And the juice is drinkable. It makes nice looking potted plants.

Answer this Question

How do you make aloe vera lotion?

By Ciera

Answers

There was a post about this a long time ago. I would do the search for you, but I am short on time. Look up "home made lotion." It was a combintaion of olive oil and aloe vera.

Answer this Question

The juice and pulp from aloe vera plants have a variety of home uses including treating burns and other skin irritations. Check out some of the suggestions found in this page about using my own aloe vera plant.

Cut pieces of an aloe plant next to a bowl of aloe gel.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? 1

This is a page about using aloe vera for sunburns. Aloe vera is well known for its soothing effect on burns.

Woman hugging an aloe frond

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a page about homemade aloe vera juice. Typically thought of as a topical treatment, many people drink the juice to treat a wide variety of internal conditions and ailments.

Jar of Aloe Very Juice surrounded by chopped aloe plant leaves and a wooden spoon holding the gel from the inside of the plant

Unless you have a allergy, you can slice open an aloe vera leaf and apply the gel to your face. This is a page about using aloe vera on oily skin.

Cut aloe leaf dripping into glass jar.

A natural remedy for hemorrhoidal irritation, aloe vera gel can help shrink blood vessels and cool for quick relief. This is a page about using aloe vera gel for hemorrhoids.

Cut aloe plant in a bowl next to aloe gel.

Load More
Health & Beauty AdviceJune 7, 2012
👒
🐰
🐛
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Aloe-Vera.html