Hair LossHair Tips

Using Aloe Vera For Hair Regrowth

Can I use Aloe Vera plant directly on my hair? It is falling out and I want to help it regrow. If yes, how?

By smita.monga

One of my favorite sites is Earth Clinic, which gives home remedies for many ailments. You can find remedies for hair loss at www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hair_loss.html

Dollar general brand called vitamins for hair skin and nails is wonderful, has the biotin you need for hair growth, plus you can supplement with 50 mg. Zinc until you see it growing again. It grows normally about 1/2" month, so you can judge if your growth is slow or fast by that avg.

A good shampoo is vo5 original, which is the old breck that was so good. If you have thinning hair you can use the one for that. If thicker you just need "normal". It's easy to find at fiesta groc. And cheap for the quality you can get from it. Take at least two/day of the vitamins unless you take no other vitamins? The suggested directions should be followed until the hair grows in, then cut back one tablet. You will be amazed. Good luck and god bless you. : )

Sure, you can use Aloe Vera directly on your hair/scalp; but it might be better to get it inside your body as well. You can get stabilized aloe vera at Walmart in the pharmacy section. It is ok to drink it plain (it tastes sort of "green") but I usually put it in some juice. Usually 1/4 - 1/2 cup in juice is good.

I wouldn't just use aloe vera. If it is patchy hair loss it is a form of alopecia which I have. I am under the care of a dermatologist who injects cortisone and then I use a liquid medicine which is also prescribed and then at night I use Minoxidil 2% for women. Before you do anything to compromise your scalp see a doctor. My Ferritin levels were at 30 and the dermatologist wanted it at 100 for proper hair growth so I had to take iron too. Too much iron creates problems too. My thyroid medication was doing its job.

There are many reasons for hair loss so see a doc and go from there before the problem gets out of hand.

I also use special shampoo and conditioner sold at salons. Edie

Hi, I have been using AloeVera on my hair for about a month, the results are incredible! My hair is growing , it looks and feels healthier and it has gotten thicker. It is amazing on the hair and scalp, I highly recommend it.