Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

The juice and pulp from aloe vera plants have a variety of home uses including treating burns and other skin irritations. Check out some of the suggestions found in this guide about using my own aloe vera plant.

How do I process my own aloe vera plant at home?

Randi from Deer Lodge, MT

Answers

By Becka (Guest Post)
Best Answer

In the UK you can get cream "bases" to which you add essential oils to make the cream of your choice. Also shampoo, showergel bases are available, generally from internet suppliers though some wholefood stores sell them. I presume you could add the sap to these for aloe products. Hope there's something similar available for you!

By Jeff H. (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I have been using aloe right from the dirt for about 2 years now. You should only water the plant after the soil has dried then simply add more water, do not over water or you will kill the plant. Remember this plant is a member of the Cacti family. I think that aloe works better than most leading products, they seem to irritate my skin, aloe soothes my skin after I shave, heals pimples quickly and if I have a pimple that might leave a little scar guess what the aloe gradually removes the mark. I suggest the use of Aloe! I am a big believer!

I have an Aloe Vera plant and was wondering if anyone knows of a 'recipe' for hand or face cream using this plant. So many creams, lotions and potions in the shops have it in them I thought someone may have a tip for making my own.

Thanks,
Trish

Answers:

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

Aloe vera plant has been used for fighting dandruff. A few Asian women whom I know, put it on there damp head and leave on for 15 minutes, then wash. Very silky, smooth & dandruff free hair. (01/22/2005)

By Sparky

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

For minor burns, (redness only), and grazes you can just snap a leaf off and dab directly onto the wound - very soothing. (01/22/2005)

By Jo Bodey

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

After I had my knees replaced, I bought an aloe vera plant and placed it in the bathroom. After my bath, I would just break off a leaf and rub it on the scar. You can hardly tell where the incision was. The surgeon was amazed. (01/28/2005)

By Peace

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

It's very soothing for a sunburn! (01/12/2006)

By Caity

Using My Own Aloe Vera Plant

For thicker, longer, and curler eyelashes just apply aloe vera juice to your eyelashes every night and achieve beautiful result!

For smoother skin, use the aloe vera juice to apply it on face. Let dry and wash off. Enjoy! (04/28/2006)

By Amira