Homemade Cream of Corn

How do you make cream of corn? I have a bunch of corn and would like to make it into cream of corn. Sounds easy, I just have never done it before.

Thanks,
Dora

Answers:

Homemade Cream of Corn

I stand the ear on one end and slice the kernels off starting with the knife at the top of the ear. I first slice a thin slice of the top of the kernels. After I slice a layer, I scrape the ear down starting at the top again. The scraping makes the cream part.

When I put the kernels and the scraping in the pan I add about 1/2 cup on water and just before serving I add salt and pepper. I cook the corn in a frying pan and add a little more water as it thickens. (10/07/2005)

By Martha

Homemade Cream of Corn

Dora honey, that's one of the easiest things I've ever learned from my Mother. Remove shucks & silks first, wash. Take a deep bowl or pot and stand the ear big side down. Take a sharp knife and cut corn top to bottom leaving 1/2 on cob, then go back down scraping corn to get the "milk" as its called.

I use my iron frying pan (it seems to have better flavor when I use it) and melt butter(2T or so)put your corn in and stir in salt/pepper, cover and cook for approx 5-7 min on low heat. It's the best way I've fixed it for my family.

I have never written this down so I hope I didn't confuse anyone.If you want you can mix 1/2 teaspoon to a tablespoon of flour or corn starch(no pun intended) with approx 1 cup of water or milk to make it creamy.Its very good with out it too! Jackie (10/07/2005)

By Greeneyesmom

Homemade Cream of Corn

Creamed Fresh Corn

Ingredients

• 4 ears corn
  • 1 tsp. sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • 1/2 tsp. salt

Directions

Cut corn from cob, scraping cob to remove pulp. Combine corn and sugar. Chill 1 hour. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add corn. Cook 1 minute. Stir in pepper. Gradually add whipping cream, stirring constantly. Cook uncovered over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring corn frequently. Stir in salt.

Yummy, Happy eating!
(10/07/2005)

By Connie A.

Homemade Cream of Corn

If you have oodles of corn that you want to do - got to http://www.peasandcorn.com and order a Corn Creamer.
They are certainly worth the money and so easy to use. When you scrape the corn on this gadget, you get the milk as well. Can't live without mine. (10/07/2005)

By Annie

Homemade Cream of Corn

Best corn ever. Remove corn from 18 ears of corn. place in large roaster like the one used for turkey. Pour 1 pint of half-half over and sprinkle with 1/4 sugar. Bake for one hour at 350. Stir every 15 minutes.Bag and freeze. It's great (10/07/2005)

making creamed corn
Creamed Corn Recipes
Jar of hand cream with flowers and woman's hands applying cream in the background.
Homemade Hand Cream Recipes
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
A stack of corn tortillas.
Homemade Corn Tortilla Recipes
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes
🎉
🎄