Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

How do I make a cheap, safe, and effective eyeglass cleaner?

By Lorie from Cleveland, OH

Answers:

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

In was told by an optometrist to use liquid hand soap under the faucet. (07/24/2010)

By MartyD

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

I have always washed them under cool water, using a little liquid soap (dish soap back in the days before we had "pumps"), then setting them on a towel opened up so that they're not lenses down. In between, I just used a tissue and my own hot air! (07/24/2010)

By Jilson

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

Mix:

• 1 tablespoon of liquid dish soap
  • 1 cup all purpose citrus cleaner
  • warm water to fill a quart or liter jug

Mix well, label the jug, and use it to refill your lipstick size mist sprayer. This mix is safe for coated lenses and on cameras, too. Remember to throw your cleaning/drying cloths into the
wash frequently. They accumulate the grit that you didn't rinse off, plus what they picked up from the air. The best
cleaner is no help, if you dry the glasses with sandpaper.

Have FUN!
DearWebby
http://webby.com/humor

(07/24/2010)

By DearWebby

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

I used to work at a nation wide chain optical shop (it was and still is one of the top chains) and was surprised when I found out what they used in the back room to clean glasses. Out front they sold "special formula" eyeglass cleaner. But in the back they kept a large bottle of Windex and that's what they used back where the public couldn't see. I've used it ever since and have never had a problem yet with my glasses, even the ones with different films and tints on them. (07/25/2010)

By Cricketnc

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

Look under Archives and read my post by MCW. I wrote down the formula, it's just like the glass cleaner that is sold in optical shops. (07/26/2010)

By MCW

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

Wipe with a clean Miracle Cloth. Better than any solution. (07/29/2010)

By muttmom

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

I use hand sanitizer. A drop on each lens and spread it around both sides, then "dry" with soft cloth. (07/30/2010)

By knitter926

Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner

I use isopropyl alcohol on a cotton ball and wipe dry with a soft cloth rag. Never use tissues, toilet paper, or paper towels to wipe dry because the wood fibers can scratch the lenses. (07/30/2010)

By Deeli

Close up of Cleaning Eyeglasses
Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner Recipes
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Brass Buddha figurine on floral fabric.
Homemade Brass Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
🎉
🎄