Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Homemade Fabric Softener

I might have gone at this backwards. I was using the commercial liquid softener or dryer sheets and decided I wanted something more ecologically friendly. So I researched what would work in the dryer.

I ended up by making some wool dryer balls with my fresh lavender inside them. They worked great when using the dryer and (with the exception of a few polyester items) eliminated the static.

However, we have now put up a clothesline - so things will be drying on the line. Unfortunately, the dryer balls don't work with this method. So I am now going to start making my own fabric softener that can be used in the wash portion.

What this entry is suggesting is that - since the fabric softener works for clothes that are hung out, but not for the dryer, the dryer balls can be added in for that step when needed.

By Lacy B. [1]

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.