Homemade Flavored Coffee

Make your own flavored coffee! Simply add whatever extract you prefer to the pot prior to brewing. You can even add a bit of sugar to the filter with the grounds, or perhaps cocoa. Experiment and see what works for you. If you normally drink your coffee black, you might find that you prefer a bit of creamer and sweetener if you are going to flavor it. I enjoy a bit of vanilla extract in mine.

By Leann D

Answers:

Saving on Flavored Coffee

Flavored coffee is expensive, so I buy extracts: vanilla, rum, coconut, orange, etc. I add a half a teaspoon to my coffee and it's flavored. I also use cremora with my coffee, you need to add something sweet or else it's a little bitter. Save money doing this.

By annette (02/08/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Homemade Flavored Coffee

I buy flavored coffee for drip coffeemakers (hazelnut, vanilla). When measuring the coffee to make a pot, substitute about 1/3 to 1/2 of the flavored coffee in place of the regular/decaf. (ex: 1 scoop = use 1/3 scoop flavored & 2/3 scoop regular). Or measure w/ TBSP. Adjust for preference. The flavor is just strong enough, not bitter, no alcohol taste. I found we didn't care for full strength flavored anyway. Also found it tastes okay black. It's cheaper than the extracts, creamers & liqueurs sold for this. So far I've flavored 15 pots from just 1/2 an 11 oz. can of hazelnut that cost $3.00. We vary the strength of the flavor. (02/20/2005)

Making Flavored Coffee
Making Flavored Coffee
Coffe Maker
Cleaning a Drip Coffee Maker
bottles of coffee syrups
Uses for Coffee Syrups
cup of coffee
Making Coffee Without a Coffee Maker
Coffee liqueur and Irish cream in a glass.
Homemade Kahlua Recipes
🎉
🎄