Homemade Flea Trap

• short extension cord
  • pie pan or small bowl
  • night light with Christmas type light
  • water
  • dish soap

Place a small amount of dish soap in the pie pan or bowl, and add enough water so fleas will not be able to swim out (about 1/2 inch). Fasten extension cord with night light plugged in so they extend out over the water. SECURE THE ELECTRIC CORD SO IT WILL NOT FALL INTO WATER.

Let this be the only light on at night. If you have small children, this will have to be removed in the day while they are awake. If no children this will even work in the day time just not as well.

The soap in the water will keep your animals from drinking the water, refresh the water and soap as needed. If this works for you like it did me, you will not be able to count all the dead fleas, and it should save you a few dollars. Also if it works for you, save others some money, and pass the tip on.

By SAVAGE12755 from Tulsa, OK

I do not have fleas but I had some of those pesky plant gnats. I went to my daughter's for a week and left some soapy water in the sink, actually I forgot to drain it. When I came home, I had about 12 of those gnats in it. So there is another suggestion for someone with that problem.

I have used this method for years...the reason for the soap is so the fleas will sink to to bottom of the bowl and won't be able to bounce off the water when they drop. The light attracts them and then they fall in to the soapy water :) you're right, you won't be able to count them in the morning.

Diametricious earth works really great. Put the powder in edges of room & also on the dog. It will kill them quickly. Then just vacuum up. Sprinkle in beds or areas the dog lies in. You can also sprinkle in food to stop parasites. Can be bought at tractor supply or feed stores.

Flea on a white background.
Homemade Flea Trap
Home and Garden Pest Control FleasJune 6, 2011
Dryer Lint Trap
Cleaning the Dryer Lint Trap
baby skunk and wildflowers
Removing a Skunk from a Live Trap
Leprechaun Trap
Leprechaun Trap Cake
Mouse Trap With Cheese
Best Bait for a Mouse Trap