Homemade Floor Cleaner Recipes

Rather then buying, often high priced, floor cleaners at the store; make your own. This page contains homemade floor cleaner recipes.

Mopping the Floor
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

The best way to clean your laminate floors without leaving a hazy film behind is simple, cheap and you can make it yourself!

• alcohol (grain alcohol like Everclear works best, but rubbing alcohol will work also)
  • distilled water
  • Dr. Bronners castile soap or Dawn dish soap (optional)
  • Your favorite essential oils (optional)

1. Mix together the alcohol and water, half of each. If you want to add soap, add VERY little (1 drop of Dawn or 1 scant teaspoon of Dr. Bronner's). If you want to add essential oils for scent, just add a few drops.
  2. Pour into a spray bottle. Spray onto floor VERY lightly, working in small sections, and wipe immediately with a soft cloth. I like to have 2 cloths, wipe first with one, and then the other so the second one stays pretty dry.

The alcohol cleans, yet evaporates quickly, which helps to stop any filmy residue from building up. This is also why you use VERY little soap. Try it with no soap first. If your floors don't need the extra boost, you can leave the soap out. Most important is to make sure you spray, wipe and dry, very quickly. You don't want to leave laminate floor wet for any time.

CommentMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In my house we have ceramic tile with little grooves in it. That's the best way I can describe it.

Is there a recipe for a homemade floor cleaner? My pediatrican told me not to use PineSol or Lysol. They contain harmful ingredients that could hurt my baby. So, I don't know what to do.

The lady at the local health food store today told me she uses vinegar and baking soda on her hardware floors. I just want so want something that is safe for my kids. My son is crawling and walking, but likes stuff. Weird, kid-like I know. I need to figure out a good glass cleaner, too. Any suggestions? I bought Tea Tree Oil and Orange Essential Oil.

By Susie from Biloxi, MS

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Just don't mix vinegar and baking soda together, as vinegar is an acid, and baking soda a base, and they will neutralize each other, so you will have salt water. They will bubble together, but that is just releasing carbon dioxide. Entertaining, but no cleaning value.

Read More Answers...

Pour 2 gallons of warm water into your bucket. Add 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 Tbsp. dish soap, and 1/4 cup of washing soda. Mix well. Go ahead and clean your floors. This works well, but not on waxed floors.

By coville123 from Brockville, Ontario

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What is a good homemade recipe for Vinyl floor cleaner?

LoganCleanerWife from Logan, UT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Homemade floor cleaner

Homemade floor cleaner can save you hundreds of dollars per year. I have been making my own for years, with better results than the store bought brands. I use the following recipe for cleaning my floors:

1/4 cup Dish soap

4 cups White Vinegar

2 cup Lemon juice

2 cups Water

This recipe works best on Pergo laminate floors, vinyl, or linoleum. Just place the mixture into a spray bottle and spray onto the floor and use a high quality microfiber mop to mop it up. If you get a sticky residue, try using less dish soap. You can also rinse with water to reduce the residue.

http://chesterscleanhouse.blogspot.com

Read More Answers...
Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Floor CleanersSeptember 5, 2012
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
Cleaning Dirty Tile
Homemade Tile and Grout Cleaner Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 24, 2016 at 12:11:40 AM on 10.0.0.157 in 364 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.