Homemade Gift Ideas For Teachers

Parents and children love to make gifts for their teachers to show their appreciation. This is a guide about homemade gift ideas for teachers.

December 13, 2016 Flag

finished craft

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

This is a guide about making a red floral tin can teacher's gift. Fill a decorated recycled tin can with fresh or paper flowers as a special gift for a favorite teacher.

December 13, 2016 Flag

Finished Blackboard Eraser Craft

This is a guide about back-to-school eraser mini signs. Using new or recycled chalkboard erasers to make this teacher gift is a project that you and your children and work on together.

December 13, 2016 Flag

Back of crayon coverd wooden basket

This is a guide about making a pencil box for a teacher. Painted wooden boxes decorated with pencils and crayons allows you to literally make a pencil box gift for your teacher.

April 13, 2015 Flag

Many years ago, I put together welcome containers for the teachers on the first day school. I put in a tea bag, instant coffee, pack of sugar, candies and little notes of encouragement. At that time, we were able to add single dose packs of Tylenol (for those extra stressful days). Now you can't add those, of course.

This was a PTA sponsored treat but we were able to get things free or cheaply. Maybe gift cards could be added. Depending on the container size, a lot of things can be put in there for the teachers. This idea doesn't have to be used just for teachers. People you work with can use a pick me up gift also.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I really like this idea. How about a few chocolate covered espresso beans? That might end up being the most valuable thing of all!

November 19, 2011 Flag

Teacher's Time Capsule Craft

Teacher's play such an important role in a child's life and what they do is priceless. With the holidays coming up, here is a sweet gift that you and your child can make together to give to the teacher. It will become a treasured memory.

December 25, 2011 Flag

Completed gift.

If you are looking for some small gift for a teacher's Christmas, this may be just the thing. Your child can help make this. Be sure to supervise, though, since it involves gluing with a glue gun.

June 8, 2015 Flag

glass jar with lid containing brightly colored rolls of paper with messages for teacher

This is a guide about making a messages in a bottle gift. This easy to tailor to any event gift is the perfect way to convey your sentiments and gratitude to teachers, friends, and family.

February 10, 2006 Flag

This is a great idea for making a very special gift for your child's teacher. Take a plain glass plate, pictures of her students, and a class group photo.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 23, 2012 Flag

A 'cute' gift for any kindergarden teacher can be made easily by taking the plastic arm off an old doll and inserting a wooden dowel (1/2 to 3/4 inch round, to fit). You have created a unique (and adorable) pointer stick for use in the classroom.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 23, 2007 Flag

I need some homemade gift ideas for my son's pre-school teachers for Christmas. These have to be homemade and not store bought.

Amy from Evansdale

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I taught preschool for 8 years before having my own kiddos- anything you give will make them feel special- I had a year where I received a single gift that was the name of the student, Thank You, and the year written on a cheap glass ornament. It goes on my tree every single year:). Gifts in a jar are great and just a card and homemade treats are welcome too!!

Paste a picture on flat side of a bar of face soap

Dip the picture side in melted parafin, about 1/4 inch deep in pie tin. The parafin will protect the picture, and makes the soap last much longer, as you only take soap off one side when using it.

You could probably find some Christmas pictures on old Christmas cards if you want to stick with a Christmas theme, or use flowers or animal pictures, whatever you like.

Last year I made my grandaughters pre-school teacher a wreath made from a circle hoop and glued crayons all around it. after word I added the year and a few school embelishments. Took at most an hour to make. It must have been well liked because the younger sister now has that same teacher and it is still hanging inn the classroom.

Trace handprints on green and red construction paper. 5-8 will make a wreath when put pinky finger to thumb in a circle. Put 2 red hands wrist to wrist for a "bow"

Crafts GiftsNovember 14, 2012
Finished Blackboard Eraser Craft
Back-to-School Eraser Mini Signs
Making a Messages in a Bottle Gift
finished craft
Making a Red Floral Tin Can Teacher's Gift
Back of crayon coverd wooden basket
Making a Pencil Box for a Teacher
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 1:11:03 AM on 10.0.1.210 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.