Browsing: Homemade Gift Ideas For Teachers

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Homemade Gift Ideas For Teachers

Parents and children love to make gifts for their teachers to show their appreciation. This is a guide about homemade gift ideas for teachers.

Three Teacher Pencil Box ideas
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

November 4, 2011 Flag

Teachers are special and it's nice to show them they are appreciated by giving them a little gift for Christmas. Here is a cute and inexpensive project that any teacher would enjoy. Three Teacher Pencil Box ideas

Approximate Time:

Instructions:

1. I used little wood nesting baskets. They come 3 to a set and can be purchased in any craft store. Each one is slightly smaller and they fit inside of each other. You could also use a small heavy cardboard box or an empty can. Painted wooden baskets

2. Paint the entire box in your choice of color. I painted the sides of mine black and then used white to make pictures, numbers, and such so they resemble chalkboards. Hand drawn cat on Black

3. Once paint was dry, I then varnished the box. I made all three baskets and used a different writing implement for each. The crayons fit on the smallest basket so there was no cutting involved, but the pencils and colored pencils had to be sized. Crayons covering a wooden basket

4. If needing to cut pencils, measure length needed and using craft knife, score completely around pencil. Hold both ends close to scoring line and snap to break. Use sandpaper or emory board and rub off any rough edges. Pencils covering a wooden basket

5. Lay pencils or crayons on box to determine how many you will need. When ready, glue each onto box. I use E6000 glue. It dries clear and adheres fast. It's a great glue for crafting. Colored pencils covering the outside of a wooden basket

6. I had some measuring tapes already on hand and cut pieces from these to wrap around box.

7. There are many good sites on the internet that offer free printing for school related pictures. I printed out some and covered them in clear contact paper and glued them to the boxes. Another idea would be to print out letter boxes and spell the teacher's name.

8. Put a package of pencils in the box, then wrap with clear cellophane and tie the top with a red bow.

Here are some other designs I used. Back of colored pencil coverd wooden basket Back of Pencil covered Basket Back of crayon coverd wooden basket

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

August 14, 2014 Flag

The new school year has started! Surprise your favorite teacher with this flower pot, made from an empty tin can. Decorate it according to the instructions given below, using red as the main color, or change the color to suit your teacher's mood.

finished craft

April 13, 2015 Flag

Many years ago, I put together welcome containers for the teachers on the first day school. I put in a tea bag, instant coffee, pack of sugar, candies and little notes of encouragement. At that time, we were able to add single dose packs of Tylenol (for those extra stressful days). Now you can't add those, of course.

This was a PTA sponsored treat but we were able to get things free or cheaply. Maybe gift cards could be added. Depending on the container size, a lot of things can be put in there for the teachers. This idea doesn't have to be used just for teachers. People you work with can use a pick me up gift also.

November 23, 2007 Flag

I need some homemade gift ideas for my son's pre-school teachers for Christmas. These have to be homemade and not store bought.

Amy from Evansdale

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Paste a picture on flat side of a bar of face soap

Dip the picture side in melted parafin, about 1/4 inch deep in pie tin. The parafin will protect the picture, and makes the soap last much longer, as you only take soap off one side when using it.

You could probably find some Christmas pictures on old Christmas cards if you want to stick with a Christmas theme, or use flowers or animal pictures, whatever you like.

Last year I made my grandaughters pre-school teacher a wreath made from a circle hoop and glued crayons all around it. after word I added the year and a few school embelishments. Took at most an hour to make. It must have been well liked because the younger sister now has that same teacher and it is still hanging inn the classroom.

Trace handprints on green and red construction paper. 5-8 will make a wreath when put pinky finger to thumb in a circle. Put 2 red hands wrist to wrist for a "bow"

As a teacher, the homemade gifts are priceless to me. Years later I look back & remember great times. Many of my ornaments are from my students. You can buy a box of 12 clear ornaments, get paint & stencils if you want. Paint them really pretty, add names, year. And not only is it one gift, but can make about a doz. Since that is how many are in box. I also wrap them with cheap, but pretty paper from $ tree, or use white paper & tie a ribbon on top to close around it. Believe me. All these are always loved!

Read More Answers...

November 19, 2011 Flag

Teacher's play such an important role in a child's life and what they do is priceless. With the holidays coming up, here is a sweet gift that you and your child can make together to give to the teacher. It will become a treasured memory.

Teacher's Time Capsule Craft

December 25, 2011 Flag

If you are looking for some small gift for a teacher's Christmas, this may be just the thing. Your child can help make this. Be sure to supervise, though, since it involves gluing with a glue gun.

Completed gift.

February 10, 2006 Flag

This is a great idea for making a very special gift for your child's teacher. Take a plain glass plate, pictures of her students and a class group photo. Place the kids pictures on the back of the plate around the rim and "Gesso" them on. Put the class photo in the middle of the plate and "Gesso" it to the plate. Give the whole plate another good "Gesso-ing" and smooth out any bubbles carefully. Then watch that teacher smile from ear to ear when your child hands her this one of a kind gift! :)

By Laura from Lakeland

January 23, 2012 Flag

A 'cute' gift for any kindergarden teacher can be made easily by taking the plastic arm off an old doll and inserting a wooden dowel (1/2 to 3/4 inch round, to fit). You have created a unique (and adorable) pointer stick for use in the classroom.

By oSandi from Sherwood Park, Alberta

Crafts GiftsNovember 14, 2012
Valentine's Day Bookmark
Valentine's Day Bookmark Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
glass jar with lid containing brightly colored rolls of paper with messages for teacher
Making a Messages in a Bottle Gift
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 21, 2016 at 8:38:09 PM on 10.0.1.53 in 4 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.