Homemade Ice Packs

I can't remember where I heard this, but I've done it and it works. Just place the amount of liquid dish soap you desire in to a Ziplock bag, remove as much air as possible and freeze. It comes out nice and pliable and reusable as an icepack, or if you decide you don't need or want it as an icepack anymore, you have soap to wash your dishes.

By Deeli from Richland, WA

Homemade Ice Packs

I will keep that in mind. And, I also keep a bag of frozen corn in a special zip lock for knees and such. When it thaws, you simply keep using, but never eat. (08/26/2009)

By Poor But Proud

Homemade Ice Packs

If you add some rubbing alcohol, it doesn't freeze, (also at the $1 stores) the emulsion will become more gel like and thereby conform better to whatever you're putting it on. They can be used time and time again, but if you're going to use a $1 store brand bag I would suggest double bagging it as they are not quite as strong as name brands are (experience talking). (08/26/2009)

By xstchr92

Homemade Ice Packs
Valentine's ice cream sandwiches.
Ice Cream Cake Hearts
three examples
Making an Ice Pack With Rice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield