Homemade Kitchen Cleaner Recipes

You can make your own kitchen cleaner that is as effective as the store bought kind and you control the ingredients. This page contains homemade kitchen cleaner recipes.

Homemade KitchenCleaner
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

October 5, 2015 Flag

Now you finally have something useful you can make with all those annoying little soap slivers. You don't have to throw them out anymore, make an all purpose kitchen cleaner! With a few minutes and virtually no cost, you can have a bottle full of de-greaser ready to go. Re-duce, re-use, go green! :)

bottle of degreaser

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 27, 2009 Flag

How do I make my own spray cleaner for the kitchen?

By Irmgard from Port Isabel, TX

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I like to put a little pine sol in a spray bottle and fill the rest with water, it depends on how much of the pine smell you want. I keep a dish washing liquid bottle full of it and squirt it on the floor when I want to use my swiffer and bit of material I save to clothespin it on to there. I also make bleach/water spray, and also vinegar and water are good cleaners- if you like the smell of vinegar. I also dilute snuggle fabric softener in a spray bottle, about 1 to 1.5 of water or more water depending on how strong of an air freshener or fabric freshener you want to have. It is a great deodorizer and I like to spray it on my clothes all the time for perfume. lol. You can put more water in it, but spray it on fabrics as it makes the floor slippery.

I use one similar to the recipe in the first post. Just mix a couple tablespoons baking soda with a couple tablespoons of dishwashing liquid in about 18 oz. of warm water and stir to combine. A few drops of essential oil like lavender is a nice touch, too. It's cheap, works well and is pretty much chemical-free!

I mix 2 cups water, 1/2 tsp dishwashing detergent (like Dawn) and 1/4 cup white distilled vinegar in a spray bottle. Shake a couple of times to mix and then use for all your cleaning needs. I use it for everything in the house: mirrors, windows, counter tops, toilets, sinks, etc.

All-Purpose Cleaner:

Mix 1/2 cup vinegar and 1/4 cup baking soda (or 2 teaspoons borax) into 1/2 gallon (2 liters) water. Store and keep. Use for removal of water deposit stains on shower stall panels, bathroom chrome fixtures, windows, bathroom mirrors, etc.

Disinfectant:

Mix 2 teaspoons borax, 4 tablespoons vinegar and 3 cups hot water. For stronger cleaning power add 1/4 teaspoon liquid castile soap. Wipe on with dampened cloth or use non-aerosol spray bottle. To disinfect kitchen sponges, put them in the dishwasher when running a load.

Chopping block cleaner:

Rub a slice of lemon across a chopping block to disinfect the surface. For tougher stains, squeeze some of the lemon juice onto the spot and let sit for 10 minutes, then wipe.

Read More Answers...

June 25, 2005 Flag

I always stock up on bleach, white vinegar, amonnia, borax, 91% rubbing alcohol, and Dawn dish soap. I boil my water. Then from these Items I make most of my cleaners. My favorite kitchen cleaner I make up a gallon at a time. Then I fill up a cut little spray bottle.

To the gallon jug, I mix together ammonia, white vinegar, and rubbing alcohol.
This takes up about 1/3 of the gallon jug. The rest is either boiled water or store bought water.

NEVER MIX BLEACH AND AMMONIA. WHEW!

For the bathroom I can wipe things down with a gallon of water with just two tablespoons of bleach. This is just great for wiping down the phone, door knobs, even the key board on the computer, with the rag wrung out well and be sure to turn the keyboard upside down when wiping it.

Speaking of germs. Everyone washes their hands when they come home from anywhere, even just out in the yard. The hands get washed before they touch much of anything else. I'm not that much of a germophobic, it just keeps down the sniffles and flu.

By Ardis

Home and Garden Cleaning Cleaning Supply Recipes Kitchen CleanersDecember 28, 2012
Water on Deck
Homemade Deck Cleaner Recipes
Close up of Cleaning Eyeglasses
Homemade Eyeglass Cleaner Recipes
Brass Buddha figurine on floral fabric.
Homemade Brass Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 19, 2016 at 5:17:20 PM on 10.0.2.135 in 916 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.