Homemade Nail Polish

Homemade Nail Polish

Nail polish in all of its array of colors can be expensive. Try making your own special blend at home. This is a guide about homemade nail polish.

Solutions: Homemade Nail Polish

Read and rate the best solutions below by giving them a "thumbs up".

Tip: New Nail Polish from Eyeshadow

Nail polish made from eyeshadowMake some new nail polish from your unused eye-shadows. I took a cocktail stick and scraped some onto a piece of paper then poured the powder into a bottle of clear nail varnish. I gave it a good mix (I used a plastic date 'fork').
I added a mixture of two colours until I got my desired shade. I wanted a pale pinky/lilac for my toes.
It works perfectly. And when I think of all the eye-shadows I have I am now spoilt for choice, plus all I need buy now is clear polish which is very cheap!

Source: Somebody did this online, but I can't remember the site.

By Monique from Somerset, UK., Weston-super-Mare

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Give a "thumbs up" to the solution that worked the best! Do you have a better solution? Click here to share it!

Here are questions related to Homemade Nail Polish.

Question: Making or Buying Natural Nail Polish

I was wondering if anyone knows how to make or where to get natural nail polish without all the harmful ingredients in them? Thank you.

By Cindy

AnswerWas this interesting? Yes No

Most Recent Answer

There is no such thing as 'natural nail polish'. Even the ones available that tout they are all natural water based polish are fibbing because they still contain plastics/chemicals of some sort.

Here are two companies that sell them (be sure to read the plus' and minus' and disclaimers they provide too):

And here are two recipes for homemde natural polish 'stain':

http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lou ... -natural-fingernail-polish-8146.html

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No